Author's note

Let me address a couple of things before you begin reading.

    First and foremost, this story is purely fan-fiction. All major characters belong to Rick Riordan, etc. I am not affiliated with Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson & The Olympians, or the Heroes of Olympus series.

    Second, this story has taken me nearly a year to even begin to write. It may sound cliché at first, but I promise you it does get better. Orion was meant to be a capitalization and mirror of Percy, but as the story evolved, I decided to make her character more independent. Also, I began to read the Percy Jackson series when I was eight and finished when I was eleven, making my memory of certain events in the books fuzzy. I still haven't finished the Heroes of Olympus series, so forgive me if certain things don't add up, but this is fan-fiction, after all.

    Third, the story is set up to take place sometime between The Last Olympian and The Son of Neptune. Percy is eighteen in this story. However, none of the events that have taken place in the stories will add up for a multitude of reasons. Like I said, this is fan-fiction, not a continuation or sequel of any of Rick's novels.

    Lastly, I am constantly editing and improving this story. I want it to be absolutely perfect and, like a true writer, I am never fully satisfied with my writing. Character's identities, names, and cast members may change throughout the novel. Just know it is all to make it better and improve your experience. This story is a living and breathing, quite literally, work of art for the time being. If you're confused about the pictures that go with each chapter, they are meant to represent characters and how I envision them. Some, I leave up to the imagination, but others I do have specific people in mind.

     Also, all of this story is my work and mine ONLY. Any form of reproducing or rewriting this story will be considered plagiarism. I have worked way too hard on this to ever let it get stolen, so I would appreciate it if you didn't. I'll find you eventually because...well...karma.

    Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy.