Chapter 6 - I still don't know why I'm doing this

Amazing cover made by TheLittleNoob

Chapter 6: ...I still don't know why I'm doing this

"Hi," Alysia greeted him, trying to make it known that she wanted to know why he was waiting for her without actually having to phrase the question.

"Hey," he replied, standing up straight. When he didn't say anything else, she felt herself forced to ask:
"What are you doing here?"

He grinned as if he was teasing her for her rudeness.

She shrugged but her questioning gaze remained on him..

"Waiting for you, obviously. I thought we could hang out at my place. It's not far," he explained finally, tossing his cigarette to the side. For a second, Alysia followed it with her eyes before she turned back to him.

Usually, she probably would have contemplated whether or not it was a good idea to come home with him (and would have reached the conclusion that it wasn't) but as it was mostly the case with Tyler, she just went with her first instinct and nodded.

"Ok."

He smirked and started walking towards his car which was parked at the side. When she didn't follow him, he waved.

"Come on!"

"You're not going to drive, are you?"

"Of course!" He looked at her as if he was questioning her mental health and raised his brows in questioning.
"You had too much to drink to be driving," she argued, remembering his orders from earlier. He'd been using a fake ID with his friends and since he could easily pass as 21 and it also wasn't any of her business, she hadn't said anything.

"Whatever, mom," he shrugged.

Alysia stood in the middle of the sidewalk and almost unconsciously crossed her arms over her chest. She was getting a little pissed.

If she hadn't been distracted by their conversation she would have probably wondered why this guy got under her skin like that.

"Well, I'm not driving with a drunk person," she said simply, despite herself struggling to keep her voice calm at his attitude. Why did she get so worked up over things concerning him?

Everyone who knew Aly was very well aware that she was far from being a goody two shoes but there were certain things that were a no-go for her. Like drunk drivers.

Considering her mothers car accident - and consequently death - had been caused by a drunk driver, her attitude wasn't hard to relate to. Not that Tyler knew that but she wasn't going to enlighten him.

"Seriously?" He stared at her incredulously.

"Seriously. You do whatever you want but I'm not getting in that car with you."

She knew she sounded like an anxious mother but she didn't care.

She was a little surprised that he didn't seem angry at all - she would have thought he'd be pissed, especially since Tyler was known around school for his temper. He seemed to be surprised and curious, like he sensed there was a reason behind her reaction but he didn't seem angry.

He surprised her yet again by not arguing, he simply shrugged.

"What do you wanna do about it?"

"We could take my car and I could take you back here later?" she suggested. He shrugged again and nodded but not before making sure she saw him roll her eyes.

They walked to her car in silence and got in.

After he'd given her the first instructions, she drove off.