Chapter 3 - This turned into a two- or three- or million-time-thing

Amazing cover made by IAmSecretlyInLove!

3. ...this turned into a two- or three- or million-time thing

"Hey, there you are! Finally! Where have you been? Is everything ok at home?" Shelbey asked with a frown as Alysia stepped back under the light and into the rhythmic drumming of the music blasting through the speakers.

"Everything's fine. I just...got held up," Alysia explained, carefully running a hand through her black hair that she was sure resembled the infamous sex-hair.

Shelbey was now starting to get suspicious and narrowed her eyes:

"By what? What could have taken you THIS long?"

Alysia remained silent when suddenly a loud, high-pitched, attention-drawing squeal was audible next to them:

"TYLER!"

Shelbey's eyes flickered to a spot behind Alysia in annoyance before they widened dangerously as realization dawned on her face.

And that could only mean one thing...

"There we go," Alysia mumbled and rolled her eyes, watching her friend with amusement.

"No, you didn't! Not AGAIN...Did you?"

Shelbey's hands found their way to the curly mess of blonde hair on her head as she waited for Alysia to deny her suspicions. When she got no reply, she sighed and she closed her eyes:

"Oh my GOD!"

Meanwhile Patricia, source of that ear-piercing squeal, was currently watched by everyone around as she ran towards the forest as fast as her slightly tipsy state and her killer-high-heels allowed.

Although she didn't really care what was going on, Alysia turned to watch anyway, hoping to avoid Shelbey's lecture and her questions. Shelbey knew about the never-twice-with-the-same-guy rule and would of course want to know why her friend had broken it, which was something Aly didn't even know herself. It had felt like a good decision at the time and she didn't regret it. It just wasn't a big deal and she didn't want it overanalyzed.

With pretended interest, she watched as Patricia stumbled into Tylers arms who steadied her automatically. He had just come out of the forest and seemed to be the reason for Patricia's overly dramatic behavior.

"What's wrong?" He asked, eyebrows raised, as she kept repeating the words in a fake shaky voice:

"Oh thank god you're here!"

Alysia realized her worry didn't seem entirely convincing, nor did it seem genuine.

Especially considering that she had seen Patricia in the forest not so long ago, doing anything but worry about Tyler with some other guy.

It was probably all part of the plan of keeping the drama at just the right level. Not too much so that she would seem whiny or overdramatic but enough to make people talk about this incident at school the next day.

Everyone had gathered closely pretending to not be paying too much attention but only trying to hear every word said.

God, people were so pathetic.

Nevertheless, Shelbey wasn't intrigued enough by the scene unfolding in front of her eyes between Patricia and...

"Tyler Connon. AGAIN?!"

Alysia's best friend wasn't going to be distracted from this topic easily...

"Seems like it," Alysia shrugged.

"Why? What were you thinking? What about your one-time-rule?"

Though Shelbey was still staring at her friend with wide eyes, she seemed to have calmed down and her voice was almost even with only a slight edge.