Chapter 16 'The Northern Wall'

((A/n> Short chapter, but still a chapter.))

"It's so cold!" Y/n screams, pulling her coat closer to herself. "No kidding, I heard that the weather changes quickly in Briggs but I didn't think it would change this quick." Envy says, his hair billowing far behind him in the wind, a heavy coat resting on his shoulders.

"Why are we even here for Full Metal, you didn't really explain other then we're getting on a train to Briggs..." Lust asks over the storm, pulling hard on the hood of her jacket, Mako right behind her, his hand tight in her grip. "A while back Al and I met a Xingese girl, at the time we didn't know but the girl studies Alkahestry." Envy raises a brow, stopping in his tracks for a moment. "And why is that important?" He asks, Ed stops, turning back to look at Envy.

"Remember when Al and I faced your father?" Envy nods slowly, "We couldn't use our alchemy above ground and below..."

"But that Xingese girl could." Lust continues, coming to a stop herself, Alphonse nods at her statement. "Ok, well that explains why we came north, but not why we're here heading up more north." Y/n says, grabbing Alphonse's arm to keep her balance. "Major Armstrong told us his sister runs the Northern Briggs Wall ahead, he said she might be able to prove hospitable towards you sins."

"Hold up, what do you mean." Envy asks, running up to Ed, "Colonel Mustang wants you all as separated as possible, with Pride, Greed, and Gluttony back in central we need some sins to stay here in hiding from your father. Especially since he knows all of you have betrayed him." Al says, continuing to move forward, Y/n following suit. Envy nods, motioning the others to move forward as well. "How in the world did teacher survive this..." Al mumbles, Y/n looks up at Al in shock.

"Your teacher survived this?!" Al nods, his other hand reaching up to grab Y/n's hand. "For an entire month." Al stops again, looking around for a moment before looking over to Ed. "Brother, we can't even see the path ahead..." Al begins, a loud thud cutting him off, causing all of them to freeze, slowly each member of the party turns around. Standing there was a tall shadowy figure, towering above every member of their small party.

"Holy shit..." Envy mumbles under his breath, Y/n gasps and hides behind Al as the man begins to attack their group. "Ed do something!" Lust yells as she dodges each attack with Mako in her arms.

"I'm trying but my automill isn't working!" Ed yells, taking a few steps back before a gun makes its way into his vision. "What the-. "

"Brother look." Ed stops, looking behind them to see the tall Wall of Briggs. "Whoa..." Y/n mumbles, a group of men slowly crowding around the smaller group. "Well shit..." Y/n says nervously as she stares at the gun pointing at her, "Hi guys..." She chuckles lightly, waving at the gentlemen.