Chapter 1*

Peppermint, Chamomille, Lavender, Jasmine, and the list goes on. The number of plants that exist that can supposedly calm the human body's anxiety reaction is in abundance, however, just how effective are they? And can they calm the soul too? 

The sound of dripping water echos throughout the large facility, rats squeaking, and the soft clicking of high heels coming along with the echos almost rhythmically. Creating a somber melody befitting of the dark enclosed space.

"Where is he?" Lust strains through her gritted teeth, her eyes narrowing on the path before her as her heels clack against the concrete floor; the chubby Gluttony waddling behind her, his finger between his lips and a downcast expression on his face. "I don't know, " Lust clicks her tongue and stops, quickly turning to look at Gluttony before Envy enters her proverbial vision. A backpack in hand and a mild scowl on his face, she freezes and turns her head in his direction, her eyes narrowing at him.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Lust asks striding her way over to Envy, Gluttony not far behind her, "Father sent me on a mission." He replies, Lust inspecting him; her eyes grazing him up and down before landing on the bag, "And the backpack?" She quirks a brow, uncrossing her arms. "Supplies father wants me to use." Lust scoffs, "I have to go, you know Father isn't a patient man." He says calmly before walking away. A growl escapes from her throat as she glares at Envy's retreating figure, "I doubt it." Gluttony turns his head to look at her. "Doubt what?"

"Come." Lust turns her heels away from Envy, her figure sauntering away with her chubby companion close to her hip. "Doubt what Lust, tell me, tell me." She shakes her head as she power walks away, a fierce look as she finds another exit. "Patience Gluttony." Lust stops in her tracks and turns to look at the hungry man, "Stay here, I've got some business to do." Gluttony takes his finger out of his mouth. "Oh, can I come too Lust? Can I come?" She raises a finger to her lips and lets out a quiet 'Shhh'. "No, it's for the best of us both that you stay here." Gluttony lets out a sad sigh but nods. Lust smiles, and gently pats his head, "Good boy."

...

Red eyes trail a small form as it makes its way through town, the streets were empty, save for the few who prefer night activities to the day. To an outsider, this wouldn't seem out of the ordinary; they can't see Lust, and they can't see Envy, to the audience Envy is a young military man on his way to work. However, the path he was taking was unordinary, it didn't take him or the woman trailing him to Central Command, but a forest. It's thick, and the shimmer of the moon above was the only light; the coos of the nightbirds and the slight hum of the water was the only sound. 

Envy's form comes to a halt, before shifting back to normal, Lust watching as his eyes look around the forested area. Lingering around her before moving on, and she releases a small breath she didn't know she'd been holding. Before continuing her pursuit, and the further into the woods they went, the more cautious he got. Hiding from him was becoming difficult, and there had been too many close calls but she persevered. Lust needed to know what was going on, where he was going, and why he was going there, she needed peace of mind that he wasn't doing something that would go against Fathers plan. 

After what seems hours they finally stop, near the edge of Central City, and the edge of the forest before a clearing. There were vast fields covered in tall grass, the moonlight made the ground seem like diamonds and gems, it was beautiful. And in the distance, a small cabin sat, it was shabby compared to the fields, but it was still beautiful. The house was covered in moss and roses, and when the wind blew, the roses petals would flutter about. 

Lust reluctantly tears her eyes away to look at Envy, the gentle breeze messing his hair as he takes small strides towards the house. Her eyes stay trained on his form as he knocks on the door, so gently that she couldn't even hear it. The door opens releveling a young woman, someone Lust had never seen before. An average height girl with h/c hair and e/c eyes, she was very beautiful, almost like a butterfly, an angel with fragile wings. She seemed happy about seeing Envy an unusual response to his appearance, most cower in fear. However, when the girl placed her lips on Envy's cheek, Lust knew her time to intervene was now. 

Sauntering her way over she lets out a low chuckle, "Well, well, well," The duo immediately turns towards the voice, Envy jumping into a protective stance. "Now just what do we have here?" Lust stops in front of them, the only thing keeping her from using her claws on the Butterfly was Envy. "Is this what you've been doing? Running off to your little cabin out of Father and Prides prying eyes?" Lust lets out a laugh as Envy glares at her, a low growl forming at the back of his throat. "That's quite a nasty look you're giving me Envy, care to explain to me just what you're doing here." She places her hands on her hips as she stares at the two with a mischievous smile, one wrong move and she could tell father about this, about her.

"What's it to you, it's not like what I'm doing is slowing anything down, hell, The Plans even ahead of schedule." Envy snaps, slowly reaching behind his back to push the girl behind him, Lust's eyes traveling throughout her form as she cowers behind him. "If that's true then why don't I tell Father Envy?" She moves her hands and crosses them under her chest, "Surely if you're not doing anything against his orders he'll let you do as you please." Lust's eyes remained trained on Envy as his stance falters a bit at the threat to tell father, causing her to narrow her eyes at him. "Or... is this against Father's wishes." Envy grits his teeth, his glare on her harshens as she gives him her usual cold stare, and for once he felt it's chill.

"Please..." A meek voice calls, Lust's harsh gaze shifts back to the woman behind Envy whose eyes shine with a plea. "Please..." Lust was getting fed up with her, she wanted this to be over and done with. With a lift of her left hand, she pins Envy to the side of the house with her long tantalous claws. The Butterfly's scream ripping through the air as she falls to her knees, tears streaming down her face quickly backs away. "Lust, you hurt a hair on her body and I'll kill you of my own fruition!" Envy screams at her, his words fell on deaf ears though, and she continued her path towards the female. Raising her free hand she points a finger towards the other, and just as she's about to extend her claw, a wave of nausea floods her system. The screams of the thousands of Souls in her stone stop and she is once again able to truly hear. The soft whoosh of the wind, the slight creaking of the sign in front of the cabin, to the small little bugs crawling on the ground.

The Butterfly simply sits there, staring at Lust with a fear-stricken face as she awaits death, but it never comes. Lust just stands there, staring at the smaller one, as her breathing slows down, and her tears come to a stop. It is only after the Butterfly wipes the last of her tears is Envy released. The male quickly runs towards the Butterfly, wrapping his arms around them securely as he gazes up at Lust. "I'm guessing you feel it too?" He asks, gently pulling the other to her feet as Lust nods, wrapping her own arms around her middle. "Yes, now I'm going to ask you once and once alone Envy," She narrows her ruby eyes at the two in front of her, "What was that?"

(A/n>
Wow, 1404 words, Proud of that, anyway I decided that I'm gonna go back and re-re-re-edit this since, while I do like my 'recent' edits. The story felt... rushed if you feel what I mean. So, I'm gonna try and slow the pace down so expect these chapters to get longer! -Ty.)