Overseas

hiiiiii

I actually have no idea what this is

I wrote this on the europe trip in five+ countries, so here we have an international one-shot

even though I wasn't allowed to bring my ipad I could bring my ipod to take pictures so if there's any mistakes it's because my thumbs are fat

enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch clings to him, his shoulders shaking with sobs and clumps of his shirt clutched in his fingers. "You can't," he sobs, "I won't let you." Scott sighs, gently prying Mitch off of him and wrapping him in his arms. "It's not my choice, baby. Believe me, if I could I'd stay with you forever, but there's no way out of this." Mitch sniffles and wipes away a tear as it falls down his cheek, staring with distaste at the uniform neatly folded on Scott's bed.

"When do you leave?" he asks quietly, turning away from the clothes to bury his face in Scott's neck. "Three days," comes Scott's miserable reply. Mitch lets out a small wail of despair and clings to Scott tighter. "Promise me you'll come back." Silence. Mitch sobs louder. "Promise me!" Scott sighs again, tightening his hold on the smaller man. "I don't know if I can," he says quietly, a tear of his own making its way down his cheek. Mitch whimpers quietly and pushes himself impossibly closer to him. "Please," he whispers brokenly.

Scott hesitates, chewing on his lip. "I don't know if I can, Mitchie, which is why I need to say this in case I don't make it back," he says quickly, his words rushed and scared. Mitch's tears fall faster and he frantically shakes his head. "No. I don't want to hear it," he whimpers, gathering Scott's shirt in his fingers. Scott pulls Mitch closer and gently brushes away his tears, ignoring the tears falling off his own cheeks.

"It's a possibility. I might not make it."

"You will make it."

"But-"

"No! You will! You have to!"

"Mitch-"

"Scott Richard Hoying, if you don't make it back to me I swear-"

"I'm sorry, Mitch, but it might happen! I need to tell you this!"

"No!" By now, their voices have risen to screams.

"Mitch, please!"

"No! You're going to make it back, and we're going to go to Iceland together like we planned, and- and-" Mitch cuts off with a loud sob, tear after tear falling down his cheeks. He curls into Scott's chest, slowly wrapping his arms around Scott's torso. Scott holds him tighter, burying his nose in Mitch's hair. "I love you, Mitch. I'm 100%, hopelessly, completely, utterly in love with you. I know these feelings aren't mutual, but-"

"They are."

"What?"

"I love you too, Scott."

Scott smiles through his tears, bending down to kiss Mitch fully on the lips. The smaller man kisses back, tears in his eyes and salt on his lips.
When they break apart, Scott presses their foreheads together, grasping Mitch's hand and squeezing his fingertips. "Three years is a long time, sweetheart," he murmurs, and Mitch sniffles. "What are you saying?" he breathes, his heart thumping loud and fast in his chest. "I want you to find someone else."

"What?"

"Find someone else, Mitchie."

Mitch feels his heart break. "Why?"

"Three years is a long time," Scott repeats, his tears falling faster. Mitch's eyes widen as he realizes what Scott is saying. "No."

"Yes, Mitch. You're going to be desperate, but I won't be there. If we just break now, we'll both be saved the heartbreak."