"So. Scott."

This was requested by emfreuden

Enjoy :)

(also feel free to request something I'll do it as soon as possible)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Scott. Scott. Scott. Scott. Scott. Scott. Sco—"

Scott groans, flailing his arm blindly in the direction of the voice. He hears a soft chuckle. "Scott. Wake the f*ck up," the voice says, and Scott opens one eye to glare at his boyfriend.

Mitch simply smiles. "And he's up. About f*cking time," he says, tapping Scott's cheek playfully. "Breakfast is downstairs. Hurry up if you want any." With that, Mitch straightens up and walks out of the room.

Scott watches where he last saw the boy for a while, procrastinating. Finally, he sighs and gets up, throwing the covers off his body and shuffling down the stairs. Mitch looks up when he hears someone enter and smiles when he sees Scott, coming over and standing on his tiptoes to gently kiss Scott on the cheek. "Good morning," he says, and Scott grunts in reply, plopping himself down on a stool. Mitch laughs and gives him his breakfast before grabbing his keys. "I'm going to go to Starbucks. Want anything?" he asks, and Scott smiles weakly. "No, thanks," he says, his rough morning voice sending shivers down Mitch's spine.

Mitch hurries out the door.

While it's true he's going to Starbucks, he's also doing another more important errand.

After Mitch leaves, Scott lazily finishes his breakfast and drags himself over to the couch, grabbing his phone off the counter along the way. He flops down on the couch and immediately starts scrolling through Twitter and Instagram, liking a few pictures and replying to a few comments.

Finally, he sighs and gets up again, shuffling over to the counter and grabbing a piece of paper to write a note to Mitch in case he comes home early.

Mitch,

I'm going to the gym. I'll be back in probably about an hour.

-Scott

Then, he goes into his room and gets dressed in the appropriate clothes before leaving.

Meanwhile, Mitch watches the entryway of his apartment he shares with Scott carefully through the screen of his phone, waiting for the moment he knows will come when Scott leaves for the gym. Kirstie is next to him, peering over his shoulder. Mitch chews anxiously on his lip, and Kirstie rubs his back comfortingly.

Finally, Mitch sees Scott leave the house, and he hisses instructions to Kirstie. She nods, playfully saluting him, and waits about five minutes before getting in her car and driving away.

Mitch gets out his phone and texts Kevin, Esther, and Avi, instructing them to meet Kirstie at Mitch's apartment. Then, taking a deep breath, Mitch walks into the store.

+++

A small velvet box clutched in his hand, Mitch leaves and scurries to his car, hurriedly driving home. He gets out and rushes up the steps and into his apartment, hissing at everyone to be quiet and slips into his and Scott's room. He checks the time and sees that it had been about an hour. Scott was due to return any second.

Mitch fumbles with his phone and quickly goes to the thing that allows him to watch his entryway, waiting with bated breath for Scott to return.

Scott comes up and steps and unlocks his apartment, opening the door and jumping with surprise when he sees Kirstie, Kevin, Avi, and Esther smiling back at him. "Oh, hey," he says, coming fully inside his apartment. A chorus of greetings echo back at him, but not one coming from his favorite person.

"Where's Mitch?"

All of their smiles get wider, and Scott frowns confusedly. "What are you all smiling about?" he asks curiously, setting his stuff down on the counter and slumping onto one of the stools. Kirstie smirks. "Oh, nothing," she says loudly.

"Oh, nothing." Mitch jumps at Kirstie's voice and pauses for a second, panicking as he tries to remember what he's supposed to do. That's your cue, idiot, his brain hisses at him, and Mitch stuffs the box into his pocket, checking his appearance in the mirror one last time before carefully edging out of the room.

Scott looks up at the sound of a door opening and soft footsteps, and smiles when he sees his boyfriend. "There you are. Do you have any idea what they're smiling about?" he asks, and Mitch laughs nervously. "Yeah. I do," he says awkwardly, and clears his throat. Scott frowns. "Are you alright? You seem . . . flustered." Kirstie snorts from where she's sitting, and Scott hears her mutter, "I'd be flustered too." Mitch turns to glare at her, but it's weak, and she just sticks her tongue out at him.

Soon, he turns back to Scott. "H-how was the gym?" he asks awkwardly, and Scott shrugs. "Okay, I guess. Are you sure you're alright? What are they smiling about?" he asks. Mitch takes a deep shaky breath and removes the box from his pocket, slowly sinking to one knee. Kirstie and Esther squeal, Avi and Kevin smile impossibly wider, and Scott stares at Mitch with disbelief.

"So. Scott." Mitch clears his throat again, clearly very nervous, and opens the box with shaking hands. "We've been best friends since we were ten years old, when we met in our community theater's production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We did many more together, and eventually met again in high school. Now, we're in Pentatonix with three other brilliant, sexy people and have won two Grammys together. We have a YouTube channel with over two million subscribers.

"I fell in love with you around sophomore year and kept it a secret for a long time." Mitch laughs weakly. "It wasn't until two years ago did I tell you, and you miraculously loved me back, and not in the way people love their best friends. So, when one person likes another and the other likes them back, they tend to date, and that's what we did and have been doing for two years.

"However, I want to move this relationship along. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to adopt children with you. I want you for the rest of my life and forever.

"So. Scott." He clears his throat again, looking everywhere except Scott's astonished face. "Will you do me the honor of being my husband?"

A stunned silence echoes loudly through the house, and Mitch panics internally. He's going to say no. He's going to say no. He's going to say no. He's going to say —

"Yes. God, yes." Mitch dares to look at Scott, a hesitant smile on his lips. "Really?" he breathes, and Scott nods. Mitch's small hesitant smile widens into a huge relieved one, and he slowly stands up. Scott smiles widely and bends down to kiss him and wrap his arms around him, but Mitch holds up a hand. "No. No kisses until you get your pretty a** in the shower." Scott chuckles and ruffles Mitch's hair as he passes. Mitch scowls at him, hurriedly fixing his hair, and Scott sticks his tongue out at his soon-to-be-husband.

About ten minutes later, after Scott is showered and clean, Mitch jumps on him in a hug, kissing him passionately and sliding the ring on his finger. Scott kisses back gently and wraps his arms around the smaller man.

"I love you, Scottiebuckets."

"I love you too, Kissy-Boy."