Chapter 24

Harry's POV:

I hadn't expected the Horntail to break its chain and follow after me. I flew away from everyone, not wanting them to get hurt.

I looked behind me and saw it, right there, very close to me. I looked forward and barely missed flying into a tower but right as I moved back the Horntail snapped at my broom.

I moved to the side, getting away from it. I was flying right above Hogwarts. I turned my head but the Horntail was suddenly gone.

I flew around a tower and came face to face with the Horntail, it's tail knocking me off my broom, sending me onto the roof and sliding down it, me barely being able to grab onto something before I fell to my death.

The Horntail perched itself onto the opposite tower. I moved over, grabbing hold of something that was sticking up from the sort of window top I was relying on to keep me from falling.

I looked down and saw my broom was right below me, but that's also when the dragon came climbing over and the stick thing broke, sending me down.

I grabbed a hold of the window sill before I fell, though the bottom part had fallen off, leaving me no where to put my feet.

The Horntail was coming closer, breaking the roof with its claws as it came. I moved along the window, trying to reach for my broom when finally I got there, but it was caught.

'Stay alive for Delia, she might hate me, but just stay alive for her,' I repeated in my head, having continued repeating those words.

I saw the dragon coming closer and closer and I tried my hardest to get my broom but it wouldn't come.

I finally got it up, right as the Horntail snapped its head forward and broke the window. I went sliding down the roof, not being able to hold back some screams.

I reached the end of the roof and continued falling, the Horntail coming after me. I got on my broom and flew up, the thing still following me, when I got to a bridge.

I went under it, hoping to get rid of this thing but it continued on trying to kill me, when I felt heat. I turned around and saw the end of the broom was slightly on fire.

I continued on when I saw another bridge and an idea came to mind. I turned that way and flew towards it, meaning to go in between the smaller openings and was almost there when the Horntail bit onto the back of it, sending me down, the Horntail fell down as well, having broke the top of the bridge.

The dragon roared as it fell down and I screamed, trying to get back on my broom. We got right at the bottom when I finally got back on the broom, repeating the words I've continued saying in my head.

I flew up, heading back towards the arena, seeing that the Horntail wasn't following me. I could hear dead silence when finally I saw everyone and it erupted in cheers, me being slightly surprised.

I could hear Hermione cheering very loudly for me but I didn't see Delia anywhere. I flew down and grabbed that darn golden egg that almost got me killed today.

I landed with a thud against the rocks, my broom not being able to take anymore. Dumbledore and the other teachers were the first to get to me, after they showed their scores, which wasn't bad but it was unfair.

I was led into another tent that was set up, and Pomfrey ushered me to a bed. I looked around and saw Delia beside Cedric's bed.

"You're an idiot," she said to him, "a very lucky idiot." He just laughed at her, "But I got the egg," he said.

I could see her playful glare to him. "And you are also a lucky idiot," she said to me once Pomfrey left to see Cedric, but Delia didn't move from her spot, or let Cedric's hand go.

I smiled at her, "Thanks," I said. She gave a small smile than turned back to her brother. Hermione soon ran in, Delia and Cedric had already left but Pomfrey was still letting me rest, and I was surprised when I saw Ron walk in as well.

Hermione did all the talking and Ron just stood there, when finally I was free to go and we walked back to the Common Room where I saw everyone standing, cheering besides Delia who was sitting by the fire and reading a book but when she looked up she just shook her head.

"Show us the egg." I couldn't help but smile and raise the egg up, everyone cheering even the paintings and the only one who wasn't, was Delia.

I was lifted off the ground and onto the shoulders of Fred and George, "Yes Harry!" "Knew you wouldn't die, Harry. Lose a leg." "Or an arm." "Pack it all together?" "Never!" They said.

"Shush," Seamus said, the egg in his hand, "Go on Harry. What's the clue?" I took the egg in my hands, "Who wants me to open it?" I asked, smiling at everyone. "Yes," they all said. "Do you want me to open it?" I asked.

"Yes!" They repeated. I took the egg and opened it and this horrible screeching sound came from it. Everyone covered their ears and Fred and George sort of dropped me.

I finally got it closed and sighed in relief, "What the bloody hell was that?" I heard Ron ask from the door.

Everyone looked towards him, me included. "All right everyone! Go back to your knitting," Fred and or George said, "this is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in."

Ron walked over to me and was silent for a moment, "I reckon you have to be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire," he said. "Caught on, have you? Took you long enough," I said, still mad at him.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you'd done it," he said, "everyone was saying it behind your back." I looked over and saw everyone turn their heads right as I did.

"Brilliant that makes me feel loads better," I said sarcastically. "Least I warned you about the dragons," he said.

"Hagrid warned me about the dragons," I said. "No, no, no, I did," he said taking me and walking us over to the couch right where Delia and Nymeria were sitting at, "No, don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you."

"Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along," he said, "I thought we'd be all right you know after you figured it out." I looked at him, "Who....? Who could possibly figure that out," I said, "that's completely mental."

Ron gave a sort of laugh, "Yeah, isn't it?" he said, "I suppose I was a bit distraught." I gave him a small smile, "Boys," I heard Hermione and Delia say.

Delia got up and walked towards the steps, "Nymeria," she said. She jumped down from the couch and followed after her.

"Delia wait," I called but she maneuvered through the crowd and was up the steps before I could even really move.

"What did I do?" I asked sitting down, "One minute its perfectly fine and then the next she's walking away, saying she never wants to see me again."

Ron shrugged, not knowing but Hermione, Ginny and Angelina shook their heads, "What?" I asked, knowing they knew.

"Boys," they said again then went on to talking. I looked at Ron and he shrugged again. I threw my head back when my hand hit something.

I looked down and saw it was a necklace, one of those cameo necklaces. "That's Delia's," Hermione said, "her grandmother gave it to her at the beginning of this year, along with this other one, said it brings her luck."

I nodded my head, "Well I guess you can give it back to her," I said handing it over. Hermione smiled some and nodded than got up and her, and Ginny walked up to their room, the door closing behind it and than the party went back up and everyone was cheering again.