Chapter 36

I slowly lifted myself up, "You, okay?" Cedric asked, still lying on his back.

"Yeah, you?" "Yeah," he said as he stood up and finally took in his surroundings, "Where are we?"

Looking to my side I saw a familiar tombstone, the one in my dreams about Voldemort. "I've been here before."

"It's a Portkey," I heard Cedric say and looking over I saw he was looking at it with amazement, "Harry, the cup is a portkey."

I found no amazement in the situation only an ever-increasing feeling of dread, fear and worry. "I've been here before," I said louder, so he could hear, "in a dream."

Looking at the tombstone my stomach plummeted as I saw the name written on it: Tom Riddle 1905-1943

"Cedric!" I called, "We have to get back to the cup. Now!"

Turning around I saw him looking at a giant cauldron with an expression that showed he was beginning to realize we were in serious danger. "What are you talking about?"

I snapped my head straight ahead as I heard a door creaking open and out came Peter Pettigrew carrying something, but a burning and searing pain went through my head or scar, before I could get a clearer view.

"Harry! What is it?" Cedric questioned, coming over beside me. "Get back to the cup!" I yelled at him through the pain remembering my promise, and yet it seems Cedric had also made Delia a promise... one to protect me. Right now, though wasn't the time or place too though.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Cedric called to Peter; wand aimed at him.

"Kill the spare," came a command from the pile of cloth in Peter's arm... from Voldemort.
"Avada Kedavra!"

Spinning in the air, encased in green light Cedric landed on the ground with a thud, his eyes open yet looking nor seeing anything anymore. "No! Cedric!"

"Delia," I whispered before my body went rigid and out of my control as Peter rushed forward, wand raised. Once I was in the tight hold of the Grim Reaper statue, the handle of its scythe barring me against its stone body, did the pile command again.

"Do it! Now!"

Moving over to the bubbling water, Peter dumped out Voldemort's small and weak body into it before turning back to me and the grave.

"Bone of the father, unwillingly given..." A bone soon rising from the grave into the air before hovering over the cauldron where it caught fire and fell in.

"...Flesh of the servant willingly sacrificed..." Putting the wand and pulling out a knife Peter held his free hand over the cauldron before full on cutting his hand off, rightfully screaming in the process.

Once more he turned to me, walking over with the knife raised, "... blood of the enemy, forcibly taken." A burn came when he cut into my arm before walking over and flicking the blood into the water.

"The Dark Lord shall rise again."

As the water began smoking my scar once more started the painful burning/searing sensation. And though I knew it was useless my flight instinct was still kicking in and I tried wiggling my way from the statues hold.

The burning got worse as the cauldron caught fire before disappearing as black smoke circled around and the small body was no longer small but normal sized and growing or forming before it circled together; I was now facing the back of a very real and very much alive, Voldemort.

The pain slowly eased as I took in Voldemort chuckling to himself and moving towards an amazed Wormtail. "My wand, Wormtail."

I knew he received it when he commanded, "Hold out your arm."
"Master..." Wormtail choked up, "Thank you, master."