Chapter 32

HARRY'S POV:

Getting out of the seaweed what laid before me was astonishing. Pillars or old ruins surrounded the area, yet it was a giant archway that caught my attention, and as I got closer, I saw Ron, Hermione, Delia and Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle.

'Good god,' I thought, moving over to Delia – who was tied in between Hermione and Ron – and put my hands on her cheeks.

It was the sight of small bubbles coming from not only her mouth, but the others as well that had me loosening my grip. Looking at everyone -- and remembering my fellow contestants -- I knew that Delia was Cedric's to save, Gabrielle was Fleur, Krum probably had Hermione and I had Ron.

Nodding to myself I moved back and swam down to the tie around Ron's leg. I had it undone when the Mer people screeching had me turning my head to see Cedric.

Withdrawing his wand and with a flash of light, the rope around Delia was cut.

Looping his arm with hers, he looked at me while tapping his watch. I gave a nod of my head in acknowledgement and thanks before he began swimming upwards, the fury still in his eyes.

DELIA'S POV:

One minute everything was dark and cold, the next I'm being blinded by the sun, muddled voices cheering and shouting around me. Not to mention I was soaking wet and had my arm being pulled.

"Grab a towel," I heard Cedric call out, everything still a bit muffled, as I felt myself being lifted and a towel draped around me.

"Delia? Delia... do you hear me?" Cedric's grip on my shoulders was far too tight for me right now. "Yes," I said coughing.

"Thank god," he said before I was wrapped in the familiar warmth and security of my brother's arms. I opened my eyes when I heard Durmstrang cheering and saw Viktor's head morphing from a shark into a human with Hermione beside him, gasping for air.

"At least I'm not the only one acting that way," I said. Cedric gave a chuckle, not loosening his arms, when I saw Fleur looking worriedly into the water.

"Where's Gabrielle?" I asked.
"She was still down there when I got you."

"Well Fleur is already here; clearly she's still floating down there."

"Delia," Hermione said from behind me. Finally loosening his hold, I was able to get out from Cedric's arms and hug her.

"I am never doing that again," I stated.
"Agreed."

As time ticked on, I stood with my hands gripping Cedric's and Hermione's. When at the sound of the clock ringing, Ron and Gabrielle finally surfaced, yet no Harry.

"You don't think something happened to him, do you?"

"I don't know," Cedric said. Right as he finished his sentence, Harry's body came shooting out from the lake, landing with a thud beside me.

"Harry," I said dropping down beside him, alongside Dumbledore. "He's alright," Dumbledore said, as Harry continued to cough up bits of water, "You're alright." I couldn't help but side eye Dumbledore, as a towel was wrapped around Harry.

"Go get another towel," I said to Seamus, as I wrapped mine tightly around Harry.

"Barty. I want all the judges over here now."

Fleur dropped down beside me. "You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister. Thank you!" I leaned back as she grabbed Harry's head and kissed his cheeks.

She gave me a smile, before spotting Ron. "And you! You helped." "Well, yeah, a bit." Fleur gave a beautiful laugh before giving him the same treatment.

"Merci," Ron stated dreamily.

I looked back to Harry and pulled him into a hug, shooting back when he began repeating ow.

"Harry."
"Hermione."

"Are you alright? You must be freezing," she said, ignoring his Ow's, removing her towel and wrapping it around him as well.

"Personally, I think you behaved admirably," Hermione stated.

"I finished last," Harry said. I chuckled as Hermione kissed his head. "Next to last, Harry. Fleur never got past 'ze Grindylows'," I said smiling, taking his hand that was enveloped with mine and kissing the back of it.

A grip on my shoulder had me looking up to see Cedric had returned to my side, the annoyingly constant chants from Durmstrang, and of Diggory, were beginning to get on my nerves, especially when it resulted in Dumbledore using his wand to amplify his voice and burst my ear drum.

"The winner is... Mr. Diggory!"

I could only give him a smile before he was surrounded by his friends.

"Who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head Charm. However, seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first, had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasley, but the others as well..."

My grip on Harry's hand tightened, him squeezing back.
"...We've agreed to award him second place – "

"Yes!" Ron and the other Gryffindors cheered. I pulled Harry into a side hug, "Second place," Hermione smiled.

"—for outstanding moral fiber."

Some boos resounded through the platforms, not to mention Igor spitting at Dumbledore's feet. "Ignore them all Harry," I whispered, "Hogwarts would have got first and second place anyway since you would have come up with Ron and Cedric with me right afterwards."

__

Finally, back on solid ground I walked beside Hermione, as Fred, George and Ron mocked Harry about his 'moral fiber.'

I stopped walking once I saw Harry and the Minister talking. "See you at Hagrid's, Harry!" Ron yelled. The sound of pounding, had me turning to see Nymeria sprinting over before tackling me to the ground. I laughed as she licked my face, when she was pulled from me.

"Get off her, you big ball of fur," Cedric said, hand tightened against her collar. Hermione helped me up before mentioning how she was going to change and would meet me later.

"I'm sorry," Cedric suddenly said as Nymeria and I were walking away. "What for?" "For everything that's happened this year, for the way I've treated you," he said, coming in front of me, "I can only thank the gods that I have such a sister that withstands my idiocy... one that forgives me even when I break a promise."

I sighed, running a hand through my damp hair, before taking his right hand in both of mine, running my thumb over the large moonstone imbedded into the copper band of his ring. "I can't lose you Cedric," I stated, looking only at the stone as it began slightly glowing, "you are the glue in our family... you must know that mum and dad are talking about divorcing, especially mum... she deserves someone far better than father."

With his free hand he lifted my head till I was staring up at him. "I know, and your right she does, both you and her deserve a partner that can give you the world. But your wrong when you say that I am the glue in our family. It is you, not me."

I scoffed at that statement, "You keep father in our family... you are the apple of his eye. While both of us are mums."

"Perhaps," he said, "but the love mother and I have for you, is worth more than anything father could give."

I smiled up at him, "I know, Ced." He gave a charming smile before he came beside me and held out his arm, "Allow me to walk my lovely sister to her tower?"

"Are you going to lock me away in it?" I joked as I took ahold of his arm. "Only if I must." I laughed, pulling him closer to me as we walked back into Hogwarts and to Gryffindor Tower.