Chapter 5

Kairi Daniels,

I didn't speak to Chris this morning getting ready for school. We didn't drive in the same car or anything. As I walked into homeroom, I pushed my shades up and sat down at a desk way in the back. "Shit." I mumbled to myself as I let my head rest on the desk.

"Kairi?" I lifted my head and immediately put it down when I saw who it was. "Man I said I was sorry."

"Go away." I mumbled. "I don't wanna fucking talk to you so please leave." I said to him in the most polite way I could. I hated him so much right now. I didn't wanna see him let alone talk to him. He sighed and I could hear his footsteps retreat away from the desk.

The bell rang indicating it was time for first period which I have with Chris. "Kai! Hold up, Damn!" I heard Christina scream from down the hall. I stopped in my tracks held my head up. "Why you walking so fast man?" She breathed once she caught up with me.

"I got a lot on my mind." I muttered.

"Take these shades off, we in the building." She reached for my shades.

"Wait don-" But it was too late. My bruised, black eye was now revealed. "Fuck."

"What the fuck happened? Was it Chris?" A tear rolled down my cheek as I nodded my head.

"I-I hit him first a and he turned around and hit me." I leaned up against the locker and snatched the shades from her. "I don't know what I'm gonna do."

Ima beat that nigga ass when I see him. He ain't got no business putting his fucking hands on my bestfriend. You wanna come stay with me for a couple of nights?"

"Nah ion wanna intrude."

"You know mama wouldn't mind and Ion want you going home with that no good muhfucka."

"Uh I, I guess. I'll have to get some of my stuff from Chris' place."

"No need. I got some stuff for you. Don't tell him you're coming over or some shit will pop off." I wiped the tears from my eyes and pulled my bag on my shoulder.

After School

"You talked to Chris at all today?" She asked me as we walked out to the parking lot. I looked around.

"No. I don't even wanna hear his fucking name. Just please don't say it again."

"Whatever. Just follow me." I got in my car and followed her out the parking lot and down the street. My phone started ringing and I looked down at Chris' face under the caller ID. I felt the need to pick it up then pushed it on the floor and continued to focus on the road.

The phone started ringing again so when I came to a red light, I turned the phone off.

Chris Brown,

Why the fuck she ain't answering the phone? I called her back again and this time it went straight to voicemail. "Ayo Mike, you talked to Kai today?"

"Nah but I overheard her and Christina talm bout they was going to her house after school. She ain't wanna tell you."

I sucked my teeth. "Ight man Ima hit you up later. Gotta go deal with something."

I jogged over to my car and put Christina's address in my GPS. She didn't live that far away from the school. Prolly bout 20 minutes, so they should be halfway there by now. Once I got there I noticed two cars, Christina's and Kairi's which meant her mother wasn't here.

I walked on the porch and rang the doorbell. "Coming!" I heard Kai's soft voice. I smiled and pur my hands in my pockets.

"Chris." The look on her face was priceless. "What you doing here?"

"Came to get you and bring you home. Why you here anyway?"

"I just wanted to spend some time away from you." She mumbled.

"So what you saying, you wanna break up or some?"

"Please don't make this harder then it has to be." Her voice was choked up.

I chuckled. "Get yo ass home."

"No Chris you need to leave. Now." She started to close the door but I blocked it using my foot. "Chris move!" She pushed my foot out the way and slammed the door.

"Open this fucking door man!" I yelled banging on it. "OPEN THE DOOR!"

"Go away!"

I stopped and laughed. "Alright but when I get home, I'm throwing all yo shit out."

Kairi Daniels,

I cried into my arm. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. He's gonna put me out if I don't go back. "Kairi what's wrong? What happened?"

"C-Chris. He's p-putting m-me out."

"No no we gon go get your shit right now." She tried pulling me up off the floor. I didn't put in any effort.

"No just forget. I'll get it tomorrow." I sniffed and dried my eyes.

~~~
Can you guys download this app called Mercari and use my invite code so I can earn $2 as well as you. If I get at least 3 more people to do this I will update again in 2 days. I really need this😭

What y'all think about the situation? What y'all think gon happen? Vote and comment for me

What y'all think about the situation? What y'all think gon happen? Vote and comment for me. 10+ votes and 10+ comments. Be breezy!