Chapter 1

Kairi in the media

Kairi Daniels,

"Chris baby don't be mad. You know how my parents are." He licked his lips and nodded as he continued to stare forward.

I sucked my teeth and reached for the door but he locked it. "Chris open the fucking door." I hate it when he does this. He always gets mad because I listen to my parents. His mom kicked him out for not doing what she said and I'm not about to end up like him.

"No you better apologize to me first." I looked at him like he was crazy. Is he smoking dope?

"Apologize? Apologize for what?! Listening to my parents?!" He clenched his jaw. "I'm not playing with you Chris, let me out of this goddamn car before I break the window." I said through gritted teeth. He scoffed and the lock clicked. "Bye." I mumbled getting out of the car and walking up on my porch. I watched him speed off down the street and let my head fall down.

I knew once I entered this house, I'd have to answer to my mother and father. Well, here goes nothing. "Where were you?! You had us worried sick!" I was being bombarded by the both of them. "Answer us!" They both yelled simultaneously.

"I was with Chris." I mumbled as I stared down at my feet.

"Ugh that boy? Haven't we told you about him?! He is no good!" My dad yelled. He always has something to say about him.

"He is not that bad."

"Not that bad? Honey he got another girl pregnant!" My head shot up. She had to be lying.

"That's a lie. He didn't."

"Kairi yes he did. He doesn't love you. He's only telling you he does just to get in your pants."

"You're lying. He loves me!" I yelled back.

"You stop arguing with your mother!" My father's voice boomed making me jump and back away from them both. "Give me your phone."

"What? Why?"

"Don't question me, just give me the goddamn phone." I sucked my teeth as I reached into my bag for my iPhone 6s. I placed it into his hand and he unlocked it and immediately started to go through my pictures and messages. "What are you doing?! You can't do that!"

"I'm your father, I bought the damn phone and I can break the shit if I wanted to." His jaw dropped and he showed mom the screen.

"Kairi you sending naked pictures of yourself to this boy?! What's wrong with you?!" My mom yelled at me.

"It was only hi-" She cut me off.

"I don't care! You still did it! Go to your room."

"Bu-"

"Kairi Ava Daniels! Go!" She raised her hand at me but she didn't hit me. "Get out of my sight." Her voice was shaky and she turned to my dad. I stomped upstairs to my room, slammed the door as hard as I could and locked it behind me.

I knew I shoulda been here but Chris, its something about him that makes me wanna break the rules. I let out a long sigh. Now here am I phone-less without any type of way to contact my friends. "Fuck my life man!"

Everybody is probably gonna hear about this from Chris tomorrow at school.

~~~

I know you guys have been waiting a while for this short ass chapter. How was this chapter? Good, bad, should I rewrite it? What you think about the situation with her parents? 5+ votes and 5+ comments. Be breezy!