Beginning

Gavin's POV

She looked angry but didn't say anything. She closed her green eyes and came forward to probably hug me but I gasped.

"Stop right there. I hate people pitying me and my condition."

She jerked back and threw her hands in the air saying, "What the .... It doesn't matter Gavin. Not to me. It doesn't matter to me what you look like. Why don't you understand?"

I looked at her, like really looked at her. She had changed so much since the last time I saw her. That was three months ago. She looked more confident now, more in control and very pretty.

There was never actually the question of pretty. Mace was pretty since years. She had fiery red hair which felt like silk when touched. I knew that because three years ago, I had my fingers in those hair. Then there were the green eyes, like emerald. Her straight elegant nose and her little red lips. I noticed all that and never in my life thought of being something more than a friend.

How weird your life could be? This girl, standing right in front of me, was the one who declared her crush to me three years ago but now she saw me as nothing more than a friend.

Then, I was the one telling her that it was all infatuation of my face and she had disagreed. Today, when my fiance ditched me and I needed someone, she was the one here. She was always there but I couldn't, could never take her pity - not with this face.

I said again, "Please Mace. I want to be alone."

"Fine. Go ahead, break our friendship. Remember the last words you said to me when you left? You said you will do anything to prove that you are my friend."

"Have you seen yourself lately in the mirror," I shouted. I didn't know why I said that. Why was I being rude?

"Excuse me. Whatever I look like is none of your business," she said and continued, "Just because I am not pretty doesn't give anyone right to.."

"Are you kidding me? I didn't mean it like that. I meant you should try talking to people. People like you Mace. You are the one hiding away. You are pretty. You can have friends." I said to her. I know I was speaking shit but right now I wanted to be away from her, away from everyone.

"Are you the same Gavin who told me beauty doesn't matter to him?" She said.

That's when I lost it. I was furious at her for having the balls to come in my house and quoting me.

---------------------------------------------------

Mace's POV

One second he was sitting on his table with a paper in his hand. Next moment, he threw the paper and had his hands on my shoulders. I realised he was shaking me now.

"DON'T USE MY OWN WORDS AGAINST ME DAMMIT!" He yelled and removed his hands. He turned and threw the table.

I knew I should be afraid but Gavin could never scare me. He didn't have that power.

"Why did you say that then? When you didn't mean it?" I asked.

Okay, I know I should be quiet. Seriously with those killer biceps and strong hands, he could kill me in seconds.

"I meant it." He hissed.

"I don't care whether a person is pretty or not. To me a person's heart is more important than his face. I mean it. But I am not ugly Mace," He turned and completed his sentence, "I am disfigured."