In a world unknown

Happily, I gave,
Happily, I took,
Happily, whenever life asked me,
Happily, I lived in a world unknown,
Happily, I treaded for some love and peace,
Then why now 'Happily' I can't live anymore,
Why happiness has become such a difficult chore?

---Shyna Cliffe..

------------

" He left you or you left him?" , Jo asked me.

I definitely didn't know why she was talking to me , for one I never chatted with anyone, for two I was the most reserved person in town. Yup that meant the same.

" Hm?" I politely asked back.

" You, you live here, alone. No friends, no siblings, parents, so are you hiding something, or yourself?" I had to appraise her bluntness. She enquired like she completely knew she would get the answer, sadly from me she won't.

" Nothing like that." , I say and pick my drink to take a gulp.

" The bar will be closed in five, you should pack up. " , Jo told me looking at her wrist watch.

It was twelve, I had completed work late at eleven today, as it was a friday night, I thought of giving myself a little party.

" Hey Mace. " , his voice was like cold water to my face.

Shit! Shit!

" Oooh Mason! ", Jo swooned and made funny faces at me pointing towards the ultimate loser who was sadly my current boss.

" Hello Mason ." I greeted without turning to look at him.

It was late, I had to go and get some rest. It was Friday night but Saturday was workday for me because, as it is, Mason's Garage was open six days a week.

A hand touched my shoulder and I rolled my eyes before turning.

" You're drunk." , Mason said sniffing the air near me.

I didn't like his closeness, never did, he was a loser. He liked me just because I had 'the figure'. I was five eleven to his six one height. I knew he was also a gentleman, he never tried to grope me nor flirted outrageously. I kept away from him because he was manwhore, never had a steady girlfriend. So well, overall he was not my kinda guy.

He broke hearts, and I didn't have a heart to break. It was broken already into tiny pieces, first by my Mom, then Dad, then Him.

I intuitionally rolled my eyes, then said, " I will be fine, I am not that drunk."

His jaw tightened. He started to say something but stopped after seeing whatever was behind me.

" Holyshit."

My eyebrows instantly rose, Mason never, I mean Never used words like this in public or in front of me. Maybe I was drunk and under illusion.

" Gavin, long time no see."