loving is being happy in his happiness

Working in a cafe was as difficult as working in a library , in short , it was quite easy. I placed the dishes in their assigned cabinets. Marietta continued her chattering, she was a person you could talk to without speaking a word. I had no friends , none who I could share feelings with. Some even thought that something was wrong with me. Marietta was different though, she was Italian , born and bred in Italy but her parents shifted here. She told me her father got transferred here.

" You listening ? I am telling you that Oliver has a huge crush on Santa. "

Santa was the head chef here and I feel really bad for her name. I would have shown some sympathy if only she showed some respect to me. She insulted me most of the time and the rest , she forgets about my very existence.

Marietta continues , not caring whether I was listening. She knew I would never answer , I didn't trust her. My story started with Gavin and ended with him , what if she told the whole college about that.

I shook my head at the thought.

Nope, friendship is not a word I want in my dictionary.

" Did you know Charlotte Dale broke up with that swine ? "

Wait!

That question brought me to a halt. I stopped washing my hands in the sink and turned to question her but she was already answering them.

" Brian Decker couldn't keep her for four months , like really ." she scoffed .

Five months , two weeks.

" She was satisfied with him but not happy. Now, she is going back to the champ . " she oohed and aahed ," Gavin Samuel Adams , I have it really bad for that guy." She stopped and made a pouty face.

" But she was made for him , I guess ."

Now I wasn't listening to her.

Gavin liked Charlotte , maybe like wasn't the right word. Maybe he...

Shut up!

I blocked all the thoughts and dried my hands with the towel. When I felt my throat tightening and difficult to swallow , I realized tears weren't far. I excused and made my way to the staff's toilette.

I closed the door behind me , checked if someone was there relieving themselves. When I confirmed I was alone , I ran my hands through my hair , tried to control my breathing.

You don't know whether this news is true. I said to myself.

She is never wrong. My brain answered.

Well , she didn't say they are together. I argued .

He likes her and knows nothing of my existence. My heart whimpered.

Make him notice you. Talk to him. My soul gave my heart some courage.

I can't breathe properly in front of him. How will I talk?.