Dreams and Reality

"Life is so short for those who dream,
And relatively longer for those who live in reality.
Who dream are not happy, never satisfied,
Who don't, are mostly elated and dignified."

                                                         --- Shyna Cliffe..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days After , I am searching for a new place to live. Dad is getting transferred again and the house is too big for the three of us. It is also my last year at college , I can't leave. Home studying is not possible and if it was, then not staying near Gavin was just unfeasible. Dad had to go and Mom wanted a change of scenery , Ohio was just the right place for her. Though they were going to stay in a small town near Ohio where Dad was transferred as the sheriff.

             Dad sure had no problem either , he loved his job. The problem was with me, I had a very limited amount of money which I was saving for my college fees. Now I had to look for a decent job, more decent and comfortable than a job of waitress in Santa's Cookie. Without a degree, I could kiss my own future goodbye. Therefore, Dad was going to help me with my rent for another eight months , then I was on my own.

" I always wanted you to be a doctor or a lawyer but would you listen to me? No. You just want to stay here and rot. Now what will you do after  college huh? I asked you to join a good college like Paradise Valley Community College but did you ? No. You are interested in MBA but no college has enough seats or lesser expenditure. We are middle class , I can't ..."

I interrupt him ," Dad , I don't need more money. After eight months, I am going to fill the B.Tech online form and then continue college from my flat which I will rent of course. I will sign a internship contract after college if my expenditure increase. I am good in studies. Reckon, I can get a job if I get a degree. After B.Tech , I can do my MBA from a good college from my own money. "

" You have everything figured out. " It wasn't a question.

" Yes Sir, I do. " I mentally salute him.

"God I worry about you. You are so different from other children. Not a single friend , not even a cousin. You aren't very close to your Mom either. "

I am close enough but I am closer to you ,Dad.

I am going to miss them , very much

*******************************************

Few days later , Mom and Dad leave Phoenix. I am alone again. Our own house is rented to a good family and I shift to a one bedroom and bathroom flat which is smaller than our kitchen. Dad starts calling twice a day and Mom talks once daily on Skype. She is worried too.

          For another eight months, I have to survive but I know I will because Gavin is still here. We don't cross paths again until one day.