31: Meeting With The Past And A Hint Of Insecurities

HEY!!

One week update miss karne Ke baad 'Update soon' comment karne walo, jab update aata hai, tab bhi comment kr diya karo. 🙄🙄😪💔

Kanjoos logo, Jantaa maaf Nahi karegi 😭😭😂😂😂😂

I personally love reading comments and they motivate me to write more. So if you could please spare a few moments to leave me some productive comments as you read the story, that would be highly appreciated not just good stuff but criticism is welcome too. It will only help me to improve and figure out what sort of stuff you guys want to read

Anyway, I had an assignment due so I was busy but here is the update... :D
I guess the title says a lot!!

Recap:
Roop left Waqas 7years ago.
After she left, he chose to stay in Houston and work as a photographer. He recently got an offer to shoot for a famous Pakistani brand.
Harleen tells Waqas about the new friend, Duaa... He talks to Duaa afterschool and is shocked that her mother is Roop. He believes Roop is married to someone else.
Roop is back because Duaa misses her father but Roop is insecure about Duaa leaving her for him.

=== Happy Reading!! ===
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROOP's POV

"Unbelievable! Yeh kaam karte hein aap log?" I screamed in my phone, angry, "aanth (8) baje ki meeting bula kar, gyara (11) baje tak koi nahi aaya!"

"I am sorry ma'am, I have been trying their phone but no one is answering. I am sure there must have been some problem," I heard Mr Rashid's explanation and rolled my eyes, "Hum dobara meeting fix kar sakte hein. Trust me he is the best."

"Pehle aap khud toh baat keejiyein unse aur poochiye agar woh humaare saath kaam karne main interested hai bhi ya nahi. Yeh professionalism hai unka?!"

Duaa looked at me, worried and I threw a flying kiss at her. Her frown turned into a smile before she looked away again. Running a hand through my hair, I heaved a loud, tired sigh.

"Sorry ma'am," Mr Rashid spoke in a small whisper.

"Koi baat nahi. Just make sure kaam jaldi shuru ho jaaye," I told his and soon ended the call.

"Mumma aap angry ho?" Duaa asked, innocently, and I smiled at her.

"Nahi," I said as I moved towards her and sat beside her. She was busy colouring in a house she had drawn.

"Aap mere saath drawing karoge?" She asked me and I chuckled, grabbing a paper and red colour to draw a heart while Duaa drew some lines on her paper. I frowned, seeing what she was doing.

"Yeh kya hai?" I asked her and she pointed at one set of odd, brown lines.

"Yeh papa hai, yeh main hoon, yeh aap ho!" She grinned proudly and I found myself smiling, staring at her innocent face.

"Mumma, jab hum papa Se milenge Toh kaunse wale Ghar main rahenge? Unke wale ya humaare wale?" Her question made me raise my eyebrows for a moment, surprised to have that coming from her.

"Uhh... Go wash your hands, it's dinner time," I took the colour from her hand and made her stand up. She ran away, sparing me from her questions.

Her list of questions is way longer than mine. While she is wondering where are we going to live, I am wondering if he wants us to even live with him or not?