23: Birthday

Disclaimer: Seher is the most important character in this book. Don't be surprised if you see way tooooooooo much of her in the upcoming chapters. I am in love with her and you should be too 🙈❣

 I am in love with her and you should be too 🙈❣

WAQAS' POV

Kitna time leti hein yeh ladkiyaan! I groaned, looking down at my watch. While I was sitting on the bed, ready to surprise Shehry, Roop was taking forever to get ready.

Sighing I picked up one of the new teddy bears, which, by the way, she ended up naming Ben and Jerry. Seriously. Apparently they are Mr Bennie's children jo bina mrs Bennie Ke hi aa Gaye.

Teddy bear dene Wale Ki kadar nahi hai aur innhein naam deti phir rahi hai.

"Ghoor kya raha hai saaley?" I asked, annoyed, and lightly slapped the teddy's face, who was staring right back at me. The way it's mouth was stitched, it looked like it was smiling at me. In a teasing sort of way.

"Roop we are late!" I yelled again and she gave me a muffled reply. She had just turned off the shower and so she was going to take another hour or so before we could finally leave.

Soon the bathroom's door opened and she peeped out, looking here and there. Her eyes caught me and she stepped out, giving me a good look of her outfit. She wore a white long anarkali with heavy top half and plain white skirt. The little sequins work shimmered under the light, giving the outfit a perfect shade of sliver.

I shifted my gaze to her face as I pulled myself together and sat up straight. She slowly walked up to me, giving me a shy smile, and I gawked at her shamelessly.

"I need help," the words left her mouth in a small whisper and I snapped back to reality.

"Don't you think you are overdressed? Shaadi Pe jaa rahi hai kya?" I asked, looking down at the hem of her sleeves. She tugged on them nervously and I closed my eyes, cursing myself.

Damn, wasn't I supposed to compliment her? Why am I such an idiot?

"I thought it's perfect for the occasion, I'll go change," she said with uncertainty on her voice and I instantly looked up.

"No wait—" she turned around, revealing her bare back and my breath hitched in my throat for a second.

"Woh... T-tumhaari.. Woh zip," I looked away, awkwardly and she turned around again. "Wahi toh band karwani thi. But I'll go change."

"No don't," I said quickly and sighed, "it..."

How hard can this be?

"It.... You.... You look amazing," I managed to chock out, straining my voice a little. It's like nice words refuse to stumble out of my mouth. I get verbal constipation around her— that's if only the term really exists.