16: A friendship, A Sorry, And A Fight

I promise it was going to be long until I took like 3k words out of this chap /.\

MALVIKA's POV

"Yeah, I'll be back on time," I sighed before I ended the call and looked up. Hussain was looking in my way and frowned. I shook my head and leaned against the wall behind me, looking down at my watch.

"Guys, I really need to go," I spoke up, "Megha has a flight to catch and Manik is alone at home."

"Yeah, Tum jao, I'll keep you posted," Aisha smiled at me.

"Let Rishab come with me, he can pick up deseases here," I told her and she agreed with me.

"Malvika!" Hussain stopped me, "Don't you think you should..."

He trailed off, looking in Waqas' direction, and I sighed, "I'll go talk to him."

Giving Rishab to him, I walked up to Waqas and sat across from him. He looked up slightly and rested his head on his palms again. I guess we both didn't know what to say.

"I over reacted, didn't I?" I asked, breaking the silence, and he looked up again, making me feel uncomfortable, "maybe just don't answer that."

"It was my fault," he sighed and I shook my head. "Ch! I was the selfish one. I just wanted you to have the best and that's definitely not me."

He looked right behind me and then pinched the bridge of his nose. Sighing heavily, he hung his head low again. I looked over my shoulder, at Roop, who was being treated behind this glass wall.

"She will be fine!" I told him and he nodded. "She better be."

"Zabardasti hai?" I asked, widening my eyes. He chuckled, running a hand through his hair and I grinned at him.

"Hold on! Someone cares!" I instantly got up from my seat and went to sit beside him. He chuckled again, shaking his head, and rubbed his eyes.

"She was there for me and now I am sitting outside helpless while she is lying unconscious," he whispered, looking down in shame but, I smiled seeing him worried for her. Is this the same Waqas who asked me why I care about Roop's pain the other day?

"She is totally mad. Kya zaroorat Thi usse andar aane Ki?" He groaned, punching the plastic chair underneath him.

"If you were in her place, you would have gone too," I smiled, making him realise, but he scowled at the floor. "Badi aayi Krish Ki behen!"

I giggled at his response and raised my hands in the air, "well, you know her better."

"It's not funny," he scowled at me this time. My phone rang again before I could say anything else and I sighed, "looks like I really need to rush, take care."

I was about to go back to Aisha when Waqas stopped me. "Does that mean I get my friend back?" He asked, rolling his bottom lip between his teeth.

I simply nodded at him in response and he smiled.

WAQAS' POV

Impatiently pacing up and down the corridor, I kept staring at the watch on my wrist. She had been in her for a couple of hours yet, the doctors had nothing to say.

"Waqas, Beth jaa Aur coffee pee Le," Hussain told me, keeping a hand on my shoulder. I sighed, looking down at the cup, and refused, "nahi yaar. Bad main."

"Toh Kuch kha toh Le, kab tak bhooka rahega?" He asked, concerned, and I shook my head. "Abhi Nahi."

My eyes travelled back to Roop, who was sleeping on the hospital bed. A nurse was in there with her, fixing -what looked like a- drip to me in her arm. She was sleeping on her left side since there were minor burns on her back, near her right shoulder blade.