Healing

You wake, feeling groggy. There is a strong smell of antiseptic clogging your nose. You rub your eyes, taking in the sunny hospital room. There are four beds and one other person is in the room with you. You look out the window at the sunlit skyline of LA outside. You turn your body to look at the other person. The red streaked hair is familiar. Mark notices you and smiles looking relived. You take a deep breath in and wince. A quick look under the blankets and hospital gown shows a puckered area covered in stitches and gauze. 

     "You lost a lot of blood, Y/N. I..." He trails off.

       Well at least he was alright. You were glad you intervened that night otherwise neither of you would be here.

      "What happened to Sean?" You ask quietly.

       "Sean's...in a coma." Mark had trouble saying the words.

   He sounded so sad. Your heart dropped and you felt tears prick at your eyes.

       "Oh...How?"

   "Er...it's a little fuzzy but I found him knocked out after you were hurt. I tried my best but it wasn't good enough." 

        You both turn to the door which had opened. There was Bob, Wade and Molly.

      "We heard the news." Molly said.

     You look down and spot your faded pink satchel. You don't want to hear their conversation. You hardly know them and it would intruding. But you couldn't help but listen.

      "I hear the doctors say that he might not recognize us when he wakes." Wade explained.

        You shift your body to the side, feigning sleep. You hear footsteps approaching the bed. You sit up steadily and slowly.

     "We can't thank you enough. Mark told us what you did. If you hadn't intervened, you and him would be dead." Wade smiled.

    You smile back in return. After a all the visitors left, Mark asked you something.

    "Still up for that coffee date? I mean when all this is behind us?"

        You thought for a moment. This could be the start of something. At least I hope I don't jinx it this time.

     "Definitely." You agree.