Wrecked

You land, taking the impact on your hands and knees on the dirt strewn floor. A second later another body joins you. You sit up, your mind groggy and your throat dry. You push your turquoise streaked hair away from your face. As soon as you do that, your hand comes away sticky with blood. You wished you had your satchel but it was nowhere in sight.

     "Ow." You mutter.

      Could this day get any worse? No, you take that back, after all you did meet Mark. Up above you, you can hear footsteps and someone arguing. You turn to the form next to you. A fluorescent light flickers on, sputtering and sending out sparks. Oh, great, he tried to be the hero and look what happened to him. You'll try to keep him alive for his fans and family. You on the other didn't think you would survive the night. You push his shoulder roughly.

   "Hey." You hiss.

     You shove harder, trying to get his attention. He wakes with a groan. A fuzzy taste begins at the back of your mouth. Did you drink something weird after you left the bookstore? Mark sits up, steadily. He stares wide eyed around the basement. Then he noticed you. You gave a weak little wave. He manages a pained smile in return. We are both feeling the knock back of whatever drug someone had forced into our systems.

     "Are you ok?" He asks.

   "Mhm. Aside from bumps and bruises, I'm doing swell." You groan, sarcastically.

      "That's good to see your sarcasm not broken." He cups a hand around his knee.

    "Yep. Keep calm that's my motto." You grin.

        "Played a lot of horror games, I see. Vanish was the worse in my opinion but I beat it." 

   "Never played that one." You muse.

       You both become terrifyingly quiet as footsteps came close to the basement. The door swings open with a squeak. On the top of the stairs is a slender looking man who had green tipped hair and entirely black eyes. He smiles at you, revealing razor fangs. He looked like the king of the pixies.

    "Evening, my lovelies." 

You inwardly shiver at the voice. Beside you, Mark has gone still, his face white.

      "Where is Sean?" He growls.

         "He is otherwise indisposed at the present time." The mans voice is monotoned.    

         Sean...did he mean... Your thought was cut off as the man strode up to you. There is no life in those black eyes only darkness. You scoot backwards until you hit a wall. Mark postion himself in front of you. You hear him whisper into your ear,

      "Gotta protect a damsel in distress."

      Damsel? You were not some weak willed princess. You had taken down men larger than you, bud. But this man in front of you did scare the bejeezus out of you.

    "Stop cowering behind him. It's you I want, my dear."

     Mark did something incredibly stupid and launched at the man.

       "Run!" Mark cries.

       You get up, poddle a few feet before falling. You watch as the man closes a hand around Marks throat and lifts him into the air. You gasp and wrap a hand around a loose pipe. You stand, shaking before charging like a crazed goat towards him. You get in a solid blow before you're flung into a wall. You hit the wall hard and slide down it. Through blurred vision, you see Marks form shift and change. Then your vision blacks out. I think the saying, "Get wrecked" is oddly appropriate for this situation.