Rabbits and Teapots

Somewhere in LA,

      You walk with a bounce in your step, your turquoise streaked hair swinging in a low pony tail against your back. Your paint spattered, pin covered, faded pink satchel swings against your thigh. On that satchel are a variety of pins, ranging from Harry Potter, Disney and AOT. It is a warm summers day and you are off to the Book Nook to pick up the next book in this series you are reading. You smile and tilt your head up to look up at the cobalt blue sky. Next thing you know, you've tripped over a loose slab and crashed into a cherry tree. You land with an "Oomph" on your butt.

     "Oh. Are you ok?" A masculine voice asked.

     You squint in the sunlight to stare at your hero, the Markiplier. Strangely, you keep your inner fan girl tampered down and answer,

    "Yeah, I'm fine. I keep bandages in my satchel for this problem. I'm naturally clumsy, you see?" 

      Marks hand reaches down and helps you up. He eyes the tattoo on your wrist, it's a rabbit wearing a monacle in a a teapot. He gives you a warm smile.

      "I thank you for the assistant." You say, politely.

        You straighten your capris and brushed off the satchel.

     "Where are you headed?" Mark said and he begins to walk along side you.

       Huh, he must be doing that so I don't trip and fall like an idiot again. He really is nice. You open your mouth but shut it when you saw the book store sign. Mark nods,

    "It's a shame not many people read nowadays." He sighs.

   "Oh but we do. You have to look hard to find one, we like to keep a low profile." You let out a quiet giggle.

     Mark rubs his neck and looks away embarrassed.

    "What is it?" 

        "I forgot to ask you for your name. You know mine, don't you?" He looks a little sheepish.

        "It's Y/N." You adjust the strap on that damn satchel.

            "I'm so glad you didn't glomp me like those other fan girls. It's a relief actually." He chuckles.

   "Yeah, well some of us fans actually treat you like a human not a bizzare alien."  

   You turn and head indoors. The air conditioning lifts some of your hair away from your face. Mark has followed you in. He sits looking awkward on one of the wooden chairs that's surrounded by books. Once a gamer always a gamer. Bless his little cotton socks, he looks like a toddler. You smile contently as you scan the shelves for that one book. You hum a quiet tune as you look.

    "Hey, Y/N?" He calls.

    "Yeah?" You breathe.

    "Would you...er...join me for coffee afterwards. I mean...you don't have to. It's just that..." He stuttered.

   I imagined the cashier looked a little bemused at our conversation through the shelves. 

    "I'd like that." 

         You never got to hear an answer as a sharp prick was felt on the back of your neck. You collasped, bringing books down onto your body. You don't realize Mark has come to help. This move has put you both in danger.