Chase

You wake to the raspiness of of rope on your skin. Your converses skim the grass below. You look up in the semi darkness to see rope twined around your wrists. You strain but are only rewarded when a gasp of pain escapes your lips. You hear footfalls coming towards you, so you quickly feign unconsciousness. But it doesn't work, sharp nails dig into your chin forcing your head up.

   "Caught you." He sneered.

   You flinch and he chuckles lightly. He turns your head from side to side.

     "Mortals can be so fleeting. Here for a day gone for the next. Take this body for example. I can't exist without this body. It used to belong to a man who was respected, loved and honoured by the people around him. But he slipped up and now I'm here." 

     Your eyes take in those tortured black eyes.

   "Wait." You croak.

         "Hmm?" He sounded curious.

    "This body belongs to an Irishman with a loud voice, didn't it?"

      Antisepticeye smiles indulgently.

    "Smart girl."

    You couldn't help but smile back but you stopped when you saw the pained expression on his face. Sean might still be in that mind. You must be careful not to upset Antisepticeye more. He turns away, taking the light with him. You breathe a sigh of relief. You began to think but a voice spoke as if they read your mind,

 "You're not dying tonight."

       A knife was sawing through your ropes. Then you collaspe against a muscled chest. Mark or at least you thought it was, helped you to your feet. You rub the feeling back into your wrists. He shoves you towards the the thick trees.

    "Run!" He growls.

    You don't waste time as you gallop towards the woods, hoping to get lost in there. You wonder if Mark was behind you. As soon as you hear eerie singing,

    "A pretty lass went swimming,

          Along a briny stream,

   Till a crocodile was hit upon the nose,

      Snap, snap, the water turned red,

  Now only limbs swim."

    You freeze, hand on the trunk of an old broken tree. Then you climb, up the tree to hide in the bare limbs. You slow your breathing and wait.

   "Come out, come out. Wherever you are." A voice softly crooned.

   A branch snaps under your fingers and skitters to the ground.

   "Gotcha." He snarls.

   You hear a hiss of metal just as it grazes your cheek. You yelp and lose your grip on the tree. You thump against branches the branches onto the hard ground. You lie there with the breath knocked out of you. A light shines in your eyes.

    "Huh, guess I missed." He gives a wolffish grin.

    Your heart hammers in your chest, tears mingle with the blood sliding down your cheek.

     "Why? Why do this!?" You gasp.

    "Because, my dear, I haven't had this much fun in centuries." He gives a small laugh.

     You struggle to get up but Antisepticeye stamps on your wrist, breaking it. You screech into the still, night air. Nausea fills your head and you roll to to your side.

   "Run. It makes the capture so much sweeter."

        You were terrified but you obeyed him. It was the only way. You get up and clutched your broken wrist to your chest. You sprint, every footfall echoing in your head. You reach a highway, several cars pass you as you yell,

   "Stop!" 

    But none of the drivers listen. A blood spattered hand suddenly closes over your mouth. You wrench back and forth before opening your mouth and attempting to bite the assailant. He holds firm until you jerk free and dash into oncoming traffic.

    "Y/N! Wait!" The voice is familiar.