--20-- For Ariana

Start from the beginning

"Mhmm?"

"Why won't you give us a try?"

I lifted my head off his chest and stared into his eyes.

"Harry, I already told you; it wouldn't work out."

"How do you know if you don't try?"

I guess he had a point.

"Harry...I don't want to start something with you to only find out you'll cheat on me..."

Harry scoffed.
"I would never hurt you like he did and that's a promise, Ariana."

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. Harry was a nice guy and he had been extremely sweet to me. I let out a long sigh.

"I can't promise things between us will be the way you want it to be right away, Harry. You just...you just gotta give me time."

He slowly nodded.

"I'll wait a thousand years if I have to."

He then carefully pulled my face towards his; making our lips touch. I couldn't deny it; kissing him felt right. It felt like it was Harry that I should have been with all the time I wasted with Louis. As the minutes passed by, I was still kissing Harry. I honestly didn't want to stop...that was until I heard the doorbell ring. I pulled back from Harry and he smiled.

"I'll get that," I whispered when the doorbell rang again.

I got off Harry and walked to the door. After opening it, my mouth dropped open.

"Louis?!" I asked.

I heard Harry get off the couch and he came to stand behind me.

"What are you doing here, mate?" Harry asked.

"I've come to get Ariana back."

Harry chuckled.
"Sorry, but you're too late, Louis. Besides, you messed up. Why would she ever take you back? Once a cheater, always a cheater!"

I liked the fact that Harry was doing this, but I wanted to have a say in this.

"Harry...it's okay. Just let me talk to him. He at least deserves that..." I said.

Harry sighed. But before I could step outside to talk with Louis, Harry turned me towards him and gave me a a short but sweet kiss. It made my cheeks get warm and I knew he did it to get a reaction out of Louis; he had softly gasped. After being let go, I stepped out onto the front porch to talk with Louis. Just by looking at his face, I could tell he was hurt by what he just saw.

"It hurts doesn't it? Seeing the person you love be with someone else..." I said as I folded my arms over my chest.

"H-have you two..."

He didnt need to finish his sentence; I knew where he was going.

"No, Louis. We haven't. Not that it really matters. You and I aren't together anymore and I'm free to do whatever I want. If I wanted to sleep with Harry, I would have. In fact, I might do that after I make you leave."

That's when Louis dropped to his knees.

"Ariana, please. Please don't do this. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for messing up. I'm sorry for making the decision to cheat on you. I've been a total wreck without you. I want you back. I need you back."

I slowly shook my head at him.

"You really hurt me, Louis. I don't know if I can trust you."

"But you can! Ariana, you can trust me. That girl you saw me with; she's long gone. I promise this won't happen again. You're the only girl I want!"

I shut my eyes tightly; I couldn't look at Louis begging on his knees anymore.

"I'm sorry, Louis. I'm so sorry. But I can't. I have to get back to Harry. You should leave now..."

I didn't have to open my eyes to know that Louis was standing up, because I felt his lips pressed against mine. No matter how hard I fought it, my arms wrapped around his neck. Every feeling I had for Louis came crashing back down onto me. He pulled me closer to deepen the kiss and I could just feel the guilt building up. I really wanted things to work out with Harry but this stupid little kiss ruined it all. My eyes opened when I no longer felt Louis' lips on mine and when I heard Harry gasp. I turned around expecting to see pain in Harry's eyes, but I didn't see it. It almost looked like Harry knew this was going to happen.

"Harry, I--" but he placed his fingers to my lips.

"It's okay, Ariana. At least I got to kiss you twice. It's better than to never have kissed you at all."

He took his fingers away from my lips and turned me back towards Louis.

"Go on and take him back..." Harry whispered in my ear, "And if he messes up again, you know where to find me."

He gently pushed me towards Louis and closed his front door.

"Please come back home with me? It really needs--I really need you, Ariana. I promise that I will work hard to gain your trust back. I will do anything and everything to get you to look at me the way you used to before I went and screwed things up. I just want you back home with me, Ariana. I miss you."

I softy sighed then smiled.

"And I want to be back home with you, Louis. It will take time for you to regain my trust. I just hope for your sake that it won't be too long of a wait."

Louis took my hand and led me to his car. From there we headed back home. It might have taken a few months, but I finally trusted Louis again and our relationship was stronger now because of what we had gone through.

------------

Sorry for the long wait AAAAAND happy early birthday name buddy :)

(Not taking requests right now)

-Ari Horan-