--14--

||

It's not that you liked sitting alone at lunch, it was that no one ever wanted to sit with you. Everyone was afraid of you because you were the younger sister of Eddie...the best wrestler on your school's wrestling team. Eddie was actually quite a nice boy, but when it came to you, he was totally overprotective. He's beaten up people for you and even risked getting kicked off the team because of you. But that doesn't stop one boy from sitting at your table during lunch. You didn't realize that he was there until he cleared his throat.

"Oh, hi Louis," you say as you nervously look around for your brother.

"What's the matter?" he asks.

"It's my brother...you shouldn't be here, Louis." You finally spot your brother a few feet away talking to his wrestling buddies.

"I'm not afraid of you or your brother, (y/n)." Your eyes widen as you stare at him.

"You should be...my brother will get mad that you're even talking to me." You look in the direction that your brother was in earlier, but he's not there anymore. You gasp and you could feel the tears forming in your eyes.

"Louis, you need to leave before Eddie comes," you whimper.

"(y/n), I'm not afraid of your brother. Besides, I haven't done anything wrong. All I'm doing is just sitting here, enjoying my lunch with one of my friends." Friends? You hadn't really spoke to Louis before...not alone anyway. Out of the corner of your eye, you see your brother pushing up his sleeves and walking towards you and Louis.

You jump up from the table and scream, "No Eddie! He isn't doing anything wrong!" Your brother stops when he sees the fear in your eyes.

"Please, Eddie...please don't hurt him. Louis is a good guy!" Your brother looks at Louis for a long time before looking at you.

"So...nothing happened?" You shake your head no. Your brother pulls down his sleeves then walked over to Louis.

"If I hear something bad happens to (y/n)...you're the first person I'm finding." Eddie pokes Louis in the shoulder then walks away. You look at Louis expecting him to get up and walk away, but he doesn't. He's actually smiling at you.

"See, your brother doesn't scare me," Louis says as you sit back down, "and you didn't have to defend me...but thanks." After realizing that Louis wasn't going to leave, you actually got to know him better. You didn't know why you've never talked to him alone before, but he made you laugh and you liked it. It had been a long time since someone had made you laugh and laughing with Louis made you forget everything your brother has ever done to keep you safe...even if you didn't need saving.