What? I Didn't Invite You Over For Netflix And Literal Chill

Start from the beginning

Sophie sighed. "God, thank you. I'm surprised mom and dad even let me have an eyeliner. I need actual makeup."

Amy rolled her eyes. "Tell me about it. My first week of college I went out and got all this." She held up the bag and rattled it a little. "But until I get you your own, you can borrow my stuff."

Sophie grinned. "You're a hero, Ames."

She smiled, but before she could reply the doorbell rang. It echoed down the hallway, a chiming melody that sounded suspiciously like a church hymn that Sophie couldn't remember the name of. Amy's eyes lit up. "That must be your punk-rock Romeo, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Sophie said. Just the thought of him made her feel light and tingly, like her insides had been replaced with pop.

Amy smiled mischievously. "When do I get to meet him?"

"Uhh-" Sophie stalled as she walked toward the door, "as soon as I get to meet your fiancée."

"Actually, I planned on having her and her parents over for dinner toward the end of break," Amy said, her expression sobering. "I think it might help mom and dad warm up to the whole thing."

Suddenly, Sophie felt a stab of sympathy for her sister. Jackson's a guy. I at least have that on my side. Amy's love is fighting against everything our parents believe in.

The doorbell rang again, piercing her thoughts. Amy, who seemed lost in her own, gave Sophie a wan smile. "Go ahead, Sophie Bear. Your hot date is awaits you."

She glanced down at her watch, which read 4:45. Lys and Jonah wouldn't be expecting them for another forty five minutes. She smiled. "Actually, we have a bit - well, a lot of time actually - if you want to meet him now."

"In that case," Amy rubbed her palms together, a mockingly evil expression on her face, "I'll be in the kitchen. Waiting."

Sophie was still laughing as she swung open the front door. Jackson sat on the front porch, looking stereotypically hot in a leather jacket and a t-shirt featuring a rock band that probably broke up in the nineties. When his eyes landed on her, a smile bloomed on his face.

"Hey, Soph." He kissed her softly on the cheek. It caught her off guard, but not in a bad way.

"Hi." Her eyes flickered up to his. "Do you want to come in for a bit? We don't have to meet the others for almost an hour."

"Sure. What did you plan on doing?" He asked as he stepped inside. Sophie shut the door behind him as he looked around the house. "Wanna have a rave?" He joked.

"I wish," she laughed. "No, I want you to meet someone."

Sophie led him into the kitchen where Amy was sitting and chowing down on more cereal. She held up her spoon and waved to Jackson with it. "Hi there," she smiled.

"Hi," he replied, glancing at Sophie.

"Jackson, this is my sister Amy. Amy, this is Jackson, my..."

"Boyfriend," he smiled. Amy dropped her spoon and gave Jackson a hearty hand shake.

"Nice to finally meet the infamous Jackson." She looked at his t-shirt. "Ooh, is that a Nirvana shirt?"

"It is," he said proudly. "You like Nirvana?"

Amy looked appalled. "Do I like Nirvana? I have all their albums!"

Sophie smiled. I knew Amy and Jackson would hit it off- she's a total music nerd, too. She sat down as her sister and boyfriend fangirled about bands Sophie hardly knew of and decided to jump in on the conversation.