DIY Dildo

Chapter 17: DIY Dildo

((Playlist: Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes))

"Woah, your sister is engaged?" Lys exclaimed during class the next day. The people in front who were actually doing their homework gave the girls a dirty look. "To a girl?!"

Sophie nodded. "Yep. I had no idea until she told me last night. Our parents and her had a huge fight during dinner, too." She frowned at the memory.

"Really? Why?" Lys clicked her pencil absentmindedly as she listened to the story.

Sophie sighed. "They completely flipped out because she's gay. I felt so bad for Amy because they were basically telling her she's going to hell. It was awful. But they finally relented- they don't support her, but they can't stop her, either."

Lys raised her eyebrows. "Wow. What a way to be greeted home." She held up her pencil and pointed it at Sophie. With a deep, disapproving voice, she mimicked, "What? You're in love?! How dare you, you filthy heathen! You're going to a special eighth level of hell for that!"

"Yeah, that's basically what my church is like." She leaned her head against her hand.

"That sucks. You should do what I do and only go on Christmas and Easter."

Sophie snorted. "Then my parents would tell me I'm being sinful, too."

Lys gave Sophie a sympathetic pat on the arm. "Alright, let's change the subject. Let's talk about that sexy Adonis of yours, Jackson."

Sophie smiled and rolled her eyes. "What about him?"

Lys shrugged. "I don't know. But you have to tap that soon, hon. I live vicariously through your relationship with him, you know."

Sophie snorted at that prospect. "Another subject change is due... oh, right about now. What about you, who do you like?"

Lys blushed and she glanced away. "Nobody."

Sophie sat up. "You totally do!"

"No, I don't!"

"Alyssa Renee Stark, tell me who you like!" Sophie grinned and stared at Lys.

"I'm not saying." Lys crossed her arms defiantly.

"Is it someone we know?"

"La, la, la, la, la," Lys chanted loudly, pretending not to hear, "Sorry, I can't hear what you're saying over the sound of my beautiful singing."

"So it is someone we know!" Sophie exclaimed.

"I never said that!"

"But made a point not to mention it, which, in Lys words, makes it true," Sophie said, poking her with my pencil. "Just tell me who it is!"

Lys suddenly became very interested in the packet they were supposed to be working on. She flipped the page. "Do you know the answer to number fourteen?"

Sophie looked down at her own paper, which she'd completed a long time ago. "It's D," she said, "Which is obviously what you're after."

Her friend gasped, actually blushing. "No fair!" she said. "I want the rest of him, too!"

"But the rest of who?" Sophie asked, looking her friend in the eye.

"Nobody," she mumbled awkwardly, eyes locked on her paper. Studiously, she circled the answer letter in a shape a little too perfect.

"Come on, I tell you all the secrets of my love life," Sophie pleaded.

Lys started sketching a heart in the corner of her paper, then seemed to realize what she was doing and crossed it out.