Journey to Thorpe Park

*** Hailey's POV *** ( 1 Year later )

"So what are you gonna wear?" Phoebe asks from behind me as I look through my wardrobe for an outfit.

"Umm, I was thinking something warm like a jumper and a pair of jeans with my ankle boots. Oh and I might wear my white beanie that you got me." I said looking back at her smiling.

You see, today is my 17th birthday and Phoebe and I are going to Fright Night at Thorpe Park. I've never been before but it looks awesome. I love anything scary, films, books, games, you name it. I didn't know that we were going until she gave me the tickets as a birthday present.

"Okay cool. I might wear something similar. Can I borrow your red jumper?" She asks, walking up beside me.

"Sure" I reply, taking it off the hanger and throwing it to her.

We both start to get changed when I hear my phone beep.

"Hey Phoebe, can you see who that's from?"

She picks up the phone and frowns.

"Who is it?" I ask in confusion.

"Kaelan." She says, surprised. "He's still texting you after all this time?" I nod in response. "Why haven't you told him to leave you alone?"

"I have he just won't listen. What did he say?" I ask as she unlocks my phone.

"Umm...He said....'I still love you Hailey'" She looks at me with an eyebrow raised. "He's still saying he loves you?"

"Um yeah." I say looking down. She comes over to me and pulls me into a warm hug.

"Let's not let this ruin your day." She pulls back with a huge smile. I nod in response. "Okay come and sit down, I wanna do your hair and make up!" She squeals, dragging me over to my dressing table and sitting me down.

About half an hour later Phoebe is finished with my hair and makeup, and we both inspect ourselves in my full length mirror when there's a knock at my door.

"You guys ready?" My older brother Aidan asks.

"Yeah we'll be two secs just wait downstairs." I say smiling back at him. I'm so glad that he agreed to drive us to Thorpe park, its so much easier than getting the bus there. We both grab our phones and purses and make our way downstairs, to the car.

As Aiden jumps into the drivers seat in his car, Phoebe and I both slide in the back seats and put our seat belts on. Within seconds we're off.

"Aidan, put on some 1D!!" I beg.

"Ugghh no..." Phoebe groans, "Put on some proper music, please, bleeding ears aren't a good look."

I look at her with a raised eye brow, "Oh please, don't act like you weren't the one singing and dancing to 'Best Song Ever' in Co-op not so long ago."

"Yeah. Well so?"

Aidan looked up into the rear view mirror to look at us. He shook his head while mumbling "girls" to himself. I laughed to myself, making Phoebe laugh at me. We must've looked like a pair of nutbags. In the end the whole car was filled with laughter.

Within minutes we were pulling up to the big blue gates of Thorpe park. Screams could already be heard from coming from inside. I was writhing with excitement, just wanting to run out of the car and into the park.

"Are you girls sure you don't want me to come in with you?" Aiden asked while leaning over the back if his seat to look at us.

"Yes! We're sure. Now please can we just go. Pleaaaaaseeeeeee." I begged looking at him.

"Okay then. You girls have fun. And Hailey make sure to call me when you want me to pick you up and keep an eye on Phoebe." He said with a grin.

I let out a little chuckle. " Will do."

"Hey! Shouldn't it be the other way round?! I'm the mature one!" Phoebe frowned.

I rolled my eyes, stepping out the car and pulling Phoebe with me. "Bye Aiden!" waving to my brother before running to the gates.

I look to Phoebe "This is going to be so much fun" I squealed.

She gave an excited nod of agreement "Mmhmm".