Twenty Six: Harry Passes Out More Than Jason Grace.

(If you get the reference in this chapter title I love you)

HAPPY CURSED CHILD DAY! As a prize, I'm updating the rest of the story! (Except for the epilogue, that'll be up some time soon) thanks to those of you who have read this!

(update from my future self, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! DON'T YOU DARE PICK UP CURSED CHILD!)

JAMES: "So, let me get this straight. All of you got here from a time turner dropped by a stranger?" Harry asked.

We were all sitting in Dumbledore's office. Hermione, Ron, Lily, Fred, George, Harry, Sirius, Remus, McGonnagall, Dumbledore, and me. To my surprise, it wasn't a tight squeeze. Probably some charm or something? Who am I to question Dumbledore and his office.

"Yes, I only picked it up to study it, but then the marauders got involved. That's never a good thing." Lily said.

"And you two--you knew about this?" Harry asked Fred and George, they both shrugged.

"We were using a new invention of George and I's, an extendable ear, to listen in on what the adults were talking about during the summer. Remember that one day when loads of people came over and we hadn't a clue why, and mum told us all to stay in our rooms? Well, naturally, George and I eavesdropped and heard about the four surprise guests that were to be arriving soon. Mum went mental once she found out, she nearly made us make the unbreakable vow not to say anything to you guys, but dad told her that was too far. We had to swear we wouldn't say anything." Fred explained.

"But, we did take advantage of this opportunity of course." George added. "This resulted in both of us getting new robes, and mum put in an investment for Fred and I's special project."
Ron stood up.

"So that's why you got new robes." Ron complained, "but, what's this special project?"

"You'll see in a few short years my dearest younger brother." Fred said, punching Ron in the arm. Ron grumbled to himself and sat back down.

"So, that explains that. But here's one thing I don't understand. If the time turner is broken, and someone did take it, then what should we have to worry about?" Lily interrupted, looking questioningly at McGonnagall. "It is broken after all, so whoever took it can't do any wrong."

McGonagall and Dumbledore exchanged swift glances, like two children who had just gotten caught stealing from the cookie jar.

"The thing is, the time turner-" McGonnagall interrupted Dumbledore.

"The time turner wasn't badly broken, it only needed a few parts adjusted. The truth is, we fixed it up the first night you gave it to us. That was the plan all along, to give Harry just one school year with his parents." No one said a word. Everyone looked shocked, all except for Dumbledore and McGonagall who looked guilty.

"We didn't know that part of the plan." Fred mumbled.

"So you two planned this all, just so I could see them?" Harry asked. He didn't sound very grateful, he looked furious.

"Everyone needs to see their family at some point Harry, and it just isn't fair that-" Dumbledore began.

"Isn't fair? Isn't fair? What isn't fair is that there are millions of muggle children who have grown up without families and they don't have a time turner to satisfy their needs! There are millions of magical children as well who haven't gotten to see their parents and they don't get special treatment! You know Dumbledore, the thing I like about Hermione and the Weasleys is that they don't see me as Harry Potter, the boy who lived! They see me as Harry Potter, a fellow classmate and friend! I might have grown up without a mum and dad, but the Weasleys and Hermione are just as good as a family. I don't need special treatment just because I'm an orphan. And they understand that. When will everyone else?" Harry shouted. Dumbledore's Phoenix in the corner perched itself uneasily on the windowsill, as if knowing this was an awkward situation. It took off out of the window. I wish I could just fly away with no care in the world as it had.