One: The Boy With the Necklace

LILY EVANS: He saw me. I had tried and failed miserably to spy on the mysterious boy. He'd appeared almost every night for the past two weeks. I was doing so good at not getting caught! Yet, he saw me. I barely even saw his face before he disappeared. The boy ran back off into the forest, dropping the necklace behind him.

The reason I had been watching the boy was because of the necklace. I had seen it in a book before, a wizarding book. I couldn't remember it's magical properties but I knew it was dangerous. That's why he vanished the second he knew I saw him. I debated whether or not to follow him or snatch the necklace. So, I did both.

I sprinted to the necklace and levitated it with my wand. If it was dangerous, I didn't want to touch it. I followed the foot prints through the forbidden forest and at last I was on his trail. I made sure to use the silencing charm on my feet so he wouldn't hear my footsteps or hear me coming.

When he stopped running, he took a moment to regain his breath. I could barely see him, being as it was dark during these hours, but I could make out messy, dark hair. Similar to Potter's, yet it seemed not nearly as dark in color. The boy pulled something from his neck; it was another necklace. Now, why would this boy have two of these magical, dangerous objects? Was he a death eater? I had heard rumors of Voldemort and his followers gaining power, so them obtaining one of these wasn't much of a shock to me.

He began fiddling with the object, it appeared he was twisting it. I had lost track of how many times the boy continued the twist the knob. He also continued looking at his surroundings, as if to make sure no one was around; to make sure I wasn't around. I almost wanted to go up to him and duel away, though I didn't want to risk injury. No one would know where I was, and I didn't know how dangerous the person was.

The clothes he wore were strange. They weren't like anything I'd ever seen. Not even anything a muggle in this age would wear. It was strange. It was bright, some weird sweatshirt. It was like a different sort of fashion era, was this the new Muggle trend perhaps? I didn't think so. My prat of a sister was always keeping up with the latest Muggle fashion, and I hadn't seen even her wearing anything like this. I didn't quite understand.

Something beeped which caused me to jump nearly ten feet in the air. I quickly hid behind a tree and observed the boy's actions. He groaned to himself, as if the beeping were an inconvenience. He stopped twisting the necklace, and set it right. He put his hand into his pocket, and brought out a small box.

"Hello?" He asked. I mentally facepalmed. The beeping was a mobile phone. But it looked so much different from the ones I've seen Muggles use today, from my sisters even. It looked far more advanced.

The boy paused, waiting for a response from the caller.

"Geez! Bloody hell mum, yes. I'm fine. Okay, okay! I'll be home alright!" He complained. He paused once more, as the caller responded.

"Fine, I won't do it again. Just don't tell dad please!-" more silence.

"I'm being careful alright-"

"Yes, I believe aunt Hermione has a story about this. Dad, aunt Hermione, and uncle Ron have a story about everything! You can tell me all about it when I get home-yes-I'm fine! No one saw me-I think-well, tell Albus I think he's a little snitch then! Okay, yes! I get that I'm grounded, okay, now if you'd hang up I can get back home! There's not very good muggle cellphone service in this time zone. Okay! I get it. Bye!" He hung up. I think I knew what this necklace was.

"Bloody hell Albus, always ratting me out." He mumbled. I couldn't risk a possible death eater going loose. I had to stop him.

"Hold it!" I said, shakily pointing my wand at him whilst trying to sound braver than I was. His expression fell. He had stopped halfway through twisting the necklace, (which I now realized was a time turner) and hadn't realized it. He noticed I was holding the one he'd dropped in my hand.