Five: Look What You Got Us Into!

James Sirius: Our plan was simple. Dumbledore was sending my broken time turner to McGonnagal to have her repair it. He said he was going to inform his future self they'd be arriving, though I didn't know how he was going to do it. It's Dumbledore, I decided not to question him.

So, that was our plan. I had to stay here helplessly, being of no use.

My parents hadn't a clue what happened to me, and my grandparents were off...to meet my younger parents. No one in the entire history of earth has had this problem before. Of course, I do.

So I was stuck here. All I could do was stay stuck in the room of requirement. There was nothing I could do.

But don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back soon...

***
1994, Harry Potter's 4th year at Hogwarts.

LILY: Sirius and I walked side by side, still hoping to separate Remus from attacking James. He was still furious but they'd both wound down when we got to the castle.

"Lily...you might want to take a look at this," Sirius whispered so the guys couldn't hear. I looked down at his hand to see he held the time turner...which had broken.

"Are you kidding me?!" I whisper shouted at him.

"I must've landed on it!" He replied sheepishly. I sighed, and snatched it from him. There was no use getting upset about it.

"So, what do we do now?" James asked as we stopped outside the entrance.

"Well, I guess we hope that Dumbledore is still alive and we pay him a visit!" I continued marching on forward and the boys stubbornly followed. I wasn't in the mood for their dilly-dallying. We had to move.

Then we were there, outside the entrance to Dumbledore's office. It looked much the same as it always has. I knocked with as much force as I could muster on the great door.

"Come in," the voice of the old man replied. Thank Merlin, it was Dumbledore.

We all piled into his office and shut the door quickly behind us.

"Head Master, we've got a situation."

Surprisingly, he seemed quite calm for seeing his past students.

"Do explain, miss Evans."

He knew it was us. Shocker. Note my sarcasm there, Dumbledore seemed to always know.

So we explained the situation, not sparing any details. He seemed surprisingly calm. It was like he was expectant of this.

"I knew this day would come-"

"How?" All four of us asked simultaneously.

"I have my sources." He winked at us mysteriously through his half-moon spectacles. The same ones he wore when we were in our time era.

"What year is it, sir? James asked the question all of us had been wondering.

"1994, the first day of classes will begin in only a few hours."

"Great, we've hopped about 18 or so years in the future. Just peachy!" Sirius complained.

"What will we do, professor?" I asked alongside Remus.

"Can I see the broken time turner?" He asked. This was getting scary now, how he knew everything that had occurred. I hadn't even mentioned the fact that the time turner was broken yet.

I handed him the time turner from my pocket, James and Remus stared at it in horror.

"It will be given to a highly skilled member of our staff who is quite familiar with the working of such an object as this. However, it will take a while to repair."

"Dammit." Sirius murmured.

"Indeed, Mr. Black. I'm afraid you four will have to finish out the rest of this school year as fourth year students-"

"But we're in our sixth year!" Whined Sirius.

"A little bit of review never hurt anyone, Mr. Black." He smiled slightly, and peered at me and James. He looked at us with a strange expression, sadness? Mixed with a bit of joy? I couldn't tell. I was usually pretty good at reading people; not Dumbledore.

"You three boys will be staying in your own a dormitory. Miss Evans, because you are the only female, I wouldn't want you staying all by your lonesome. You can choose whichever dorm you would like to stay in. Or, you can stay by yourself if you'd wish."

"That's not fa-"

"Sirius, stop your whining, honestly!" James interrupted. For once, I agreed with Potter.

"You may head to your common room, I'd presume you know where it is."

As we left, he called us back for one last message.

"Do not inform another student of who you really are. You may come up with false pseudonyms, but do not use a name of a student you already know. Please, stay safe you lot."

We all mumbled our thank yous, and we went off to the common room.

"This is all your fault." I shot at James and Sirius.

"Oi! No need to turn on us-"

"Sirius! For once, just shut your bloody mouth!" And for the second time today, I agreed with Potter.

They boys went off their separate way to their dormitory, and I was stuck choosing my own. I went into my usual dorm, or what used to be my usual dorm outside the door on a plaque there were three names carved: Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil, and Hermione Granger. Seemed like nice names I guess. I was tired, okay? I needed sleep.

I knocked lightly on the door and no one answered of course, probably asleep I'd presume. Just as I was about to open the door, a girl opened it for me from the other side. She had bushy brown hair, and was about average height.

"You just be the new student Dumbledore told us we'd be expecting." Again, how did Dumbledore know we were arriving? "I'm Hermione Granger." She yawned, and stuck out a hand. I hesitantly shook it.

"Rose Mendel." I lied, it was the best I could come up with on such short notice. I think I did quite well with the whole fake name shtick.

"Here, you can sleep in the extra bed." She set out an extra set of blankets and pillows for me and showed me where to put my stuff. My old bed was the one that she was sleeping on. I knew better then to mention it.

"I'll give you a tour of the castle and all of that tomorrow, I'm sure my friends Ron and Harry would love to help."

"Thank you." I mumbled, being struck with a wave on exhaustion. Hermione fell asleep the second her head hit her pillow and I did shortly after. I wasn't looking forward to this school year. Only the third week into sixth year, and the marauders have already put our lives in danger. I guess fourth year couldn't be as bad the second time around, right?
-
-
-
thanks for reading!