Six: I Haven't Even Been Here One Day and I Already Have a Child, Brilliant.

JAMES: "This is your fault," Sirius murmured. We were in our new dorm, ironically it was only one dorm away from the one we'd usually had at Hogwarts. The three of us had gotten into our beds without a word to one another, the tension was so thick you could run your fingers through it. The room was quiet of course, until Sirius broke the silence.

"And who exactly was that directed towards?" Remus shot.

"Well moony, I reckon both of you!"

"Sirius just shut the f-"

"No Prongs, I won't shut up!" I heard Remus mumble something that I'm assuming was directed towards Sirius, but I couldn't quite make it out.

"If you're gonna gossip about me like a primary school child at least have the guts to say it to my face." Sirius urged. Remus shot up, and the two had a split second of eye contact before they both reached for their wands.

"Guys!" I yelled. "Grow the hell up! This situation sucks, it's all of our faults, get the hell over it and live with it!" They both meekly put their wands away, but that didn't lessen the tension by any means. I wish Peter was with us. He had an optimism that always brightened a situation.

Of course, being my brilliant self, I had a plan to solve that problem. Who am I kidding, I'm not brilliant. And this plan wasn't anything smart by any means, who cares!

"Let's...let's go somewhere."

"What?" They both asked.

"We're in a new era of time! We're in the future! We need to explore sometime. Why not tonight?" Sirius smirked slightly, and sat up from his bed.

"I like that logic, Moony?"

"I'll supervise." He mumbled, though I could see the eagerness in his eyes.

"Alright then, let's go."

***

As we strolled past the dorms we admired a lot of little changes in the common room. The wallpaper looked newer, more vibrant. The room smelled like a stronger cinnamon. Even the fire seemed to crackle brighter. Maybe this wouldn't be a bad thing after all. This whole place seemed to be filled with new opportunities.

Like I said, this couldn't be so bad. Right?....

I spoke way too soon.

"Woah, this place is pretty rad..what do you guys think?"

"Yeah, I've gotta say. It seems different, a good sort of different!" Remus replied, seeming in slightly higher spirits.

"What do you think, Padfoot?" There was no answer. I looked behind me to see that Sirius wasn't with us. Remus and I exchanged concerned glances.

"Did he not come down?" I asked. He shrugged, and we both hurried to the top of the stairs back to the dorms. We found Sirius standing right outside of our old dorm, a look of awe in his eyes.

"Sirius?" I asked, approaching him cautiously. Remus followed right by my side.

"Prongs..." Sirius choked, I had never heard that tone in his voice before. It wasn't his usual, joking tone. It was a mixture of surprise and sincerity. "You have got to see this." Remus and I exchanged glances, and shrugged. What've we got to lose? It's not likes nothing could surprise me these days.

Boy, was I wrong.

He pointed to the plaque outside of the doors. The boy's names who occupied the dorm were presented upon the red plaque in golden lettering.

"Neville Longbottom
Ronald Weasley
Dean Thomas
Seamus Finnigan
Harry Potter"

I read the list thrice through and it didn't change. Harry Potter. The name was there, before me in golden letters.

"Woah," I mumbled, not believing what I was reading. "Say Rem...do you know what year this is?" He swallowed apprehensively.

"1994, I saw a daily prophet on Dumbledore's desk. James...we're about about 18 or so years in the future."

"Meaning?" I asked, though I think I knew what the answer would be.

"Meaning this could very well be your son."

"I was worried you were going to say that." I stood staring blankly at the plaque. Who would marry me? Let alone have a child with me?! That would require...I didn't even want to think about what that would require!

"Woah." I repeated, not moving from my spot. Sirius strolled down the corridor, reading names off the plaque.

"No Blacks? No Lupins? No Pettigrews? Even Longbottom has a kid and I couldn't manage-"

"Sirius shut up mate." Remus said, staring at the plaque with me.

"Your kids could very well be in other houses! Or be girls! These are the boys' dorms, after all. He might not even be my kid, anyway-"

"James, stop being stupid. You know very well that he's your kid." Remus pointed out.

"I guess we don't know until we find out." I tossed my invisibility cloak over my head, and opened the door before they could stop me.

🙃🙃🙃

Let me know what you think ☺️