"Have either of you had to have anger counseling, marriage counseling, or any type of counseling?"

"No, what is this about?"

She sighed. "How did Jason end up in the pool?"
"We accidentally left the back door open when getting a snack and he wandered out."

"So you weren't paying attention and left them unattended. That doesn't sound like very good parenting, especially with toddlers. For now, your children will be placed in our facility until judgment. The judge will confirm it on Tuesday."

The woman walked over to Bella and picked her up. Bella didn't care since she likes everyone.

"You can't do that." My mom said.

"You can't take our children away." I said, beginning to panic. What if I never see them again? I could just curl up and die.

"I can and I will. See you on Tuesday." She began walking away.

"No! Wait, please don't do this." I grabbed onto her arm. "They're my kids. We're no t bad parents." Tears ran down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry." The woman said, trying to get away from me.

"Please, I beg of you! Please!" I shouted down the hall after her.

I felt dizzy and I began falling. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and I instantly knew it was Marco. I fell to my knees and let the tears flow. Marco sat on the floor with me holding my close.

"It's okay, we'll get them back." He kissed the top of my head. "I promise."
"Don't make promises you're not sure you can keep."

"Come on, let's go home."
"No, I want to see Jason. I need to know that he's alright."

"They won't allow it, you know that. Let's go home and get some sleep. We'll deal with this tomorrow. Okay?"

"No. I want to see Jason. I need to see that he's okay."

"You can't, let's go."

He forced me up, but my legs were weak and I just fell back down. He picked me up and I wrapped an arm around his neck.

"Are you going to be okay at home?" My mom asked us.

"We should be fine. If not, I'll call you." Marco said.

Marco drove us home and I just stared out the window. What if the judge takes Jason and Bella away from us? They could be put into foster care and we'd never see them again. We wouldn't be able to raise them like I want and we'd be left with our third child. Or would they take this baby too? They think we're unfit parents so they'd probably take it away.

I trudged into the house which seemed extremely empty and quiet without the twins. I miss them already and it hasn't even been an hour yet. How am I going to last four days without them?

"You alright?" Marco asked me.

"No, I'm not alright! Our kids just got taken away! How are you not freaking out about this? You have to be the worse father ever."

"How can you say that? You're just upset right now. You just have to keep a positive mind. We're going to get them back, don't worry."
"You don't know that."
"Let's just get to bed. You might feel better in the morning."

We went upstairs and I changed into my pajamas. I slowly climbed into bed and pulled the covers over my head. I felt Marco slip in next to me and he put his arm around me.

"It'll get better."

"Don't talk to me right now."

He sighed. "Fine."