Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Another House Party

I can't believe Marco agreed to go to a house party without letting me know. What does he expect us to do with the twins?

"Why did you agree?" I asked Marco.

"Because we need to get out of the house. We don't get out of the house much unless it's a weekday. We need some fun. We've become boring."

"But what about the twins?"

"I'll pay your mom to baby-sit."

"But..."

"Please?" He begged, giving my adorable puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. When does it start?"

"7:00."

"What! That's in a few minutes."

I quickly showered and found something to wear. I put on faded jeans with a pink shirt that hung off one shoulder. I slipped on a pair of black boots and went to put on makeup. After, I went downstairs to fine Marco ready to go.

"Come on." He said.

Marco drove us to James's house. It's been a while since I've been to a house party. In fact, the last one didn't go so well.

"Promise me you won't get drunk tonight." I said.

"I promise." I said quickly, not sounding like he meant it.

"Promise me and mean it."

He sighed. "I promise you that I won't get drunk tonight."

Marco parked and we got out. We had to walk to the house. The street was lined with cars. Marco held my hand as we walked. As we got closer, I could hear music. It began to get louder and louder.

"If the police show up, I want you to leave." Marco told me.

"What about you?"

"Leave me." He handed me his car keys.

"But..." I started.

"Don't argue it." He kissed my forehead.

Once at James's house, we went inside. The place was crowded. The entire school is probably here. Some people were already drunk. Almost everyone was dancing. Marco and I made our way through the people. Once through, we went to an empty corner.

"It's really crowded." I said.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure the entire school is here."

Marco left to get us some drinks. I leaned against the wall and watched the people dance as I waited.

"Hey baby, you wanna come shake somethin' for me?" A guy slurred. He had dark, spiky hair and was a little muscular. His eyes were greenish and he had full lips. He was obviously drunk.

"No, I'm fine right here." I said, not wanting to get him angry.

"That's alright." He moved closer to me, putting his body against mine. He put one arm against the wall beside my head, pinning me in. He put his lips to my neck and I could feel his breath.

"Get away from me." I said, pushing him away.

He gave me a shocked look then glared. "What the hell?" He slurred.

"I have a boyfriend. Why don't you get away from me you creep?"

He gave a sly smile. "Come on, you know you want it." He grabbed my arm tightly. I fought to get away, but it was no use.