Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Burn

Marco's P.O.V*

I quickly redressed and began to climb from the bushes. Layla grabbed my hand and I turned to face her.

"Again tomorrow?" She asked me.

"No. This was it. This can't continue between us. You got what you wanted, now leave me alone." I pulled away from her and climbed out of the bushes. The streets were almost empty so I headed back to my house. Sandy and Heather must be done by now and headed back to the house.

When I was close to my house, I saw dark smoke rising towards the sky. It was close to my house so I began to run to my house. I hope it's not coming from where I think. I ran down my street and saw my house in flames. My mom was crying, and keeping Sandy and Heather away. Andy wasn't in sight.

"Mom!" I yelled. She turned to me and cried harder.

"Marco! Bailey and the twins are inside. Andy went into get them but it's been a while, and the house..."

I slipped off my jacket and the Mickey ears. I headed towards the front door. Which was already gone. The door was engulfed in flames. I jumped through anyway and my arm got burned a little. I ignored it and went on.

"Bailey!" I called. I piece of the roof fell in front of me and I jumped.

"Marco!" I heard her call from upstairs. I made my way to the stairs and quickly went up to find Bailey.

"Bailey!" I called once more.

"Marco!" Her voice was coming from my room.

I ran into my room and saw Andy with Bella in his arms. She was screaming and crying. Jason was sitting on the floor crying. Bailey was stick under some wood.

"Andy, get Jason and Bells out of here."

"But my arm." He said.

"Is their life, or your arm more important?" I growled. He slipped his arm out of the sling and picked Jason up. He headed out the door.

"Marco, I can't get it off." Bailey said. The roof was falling around us. Bailey coughed and I knew she didn't have much longer until she passes out. I wrapped my arms around the wood, ignoring the splinters. I tried to pull it, but it didn't budge. I let go and looked around my room for something to move it with. I saw my desk chair was unscathed. I grabbed it and put it up to the wood. I pushed and it began to move.

Bailey was passed out once it was completely moved, and her legs were bleeding. I picked her up and headed for the door. The hall caved in leaving me no way to get out. I was shielding Bailey from all the falling splinters and cinders. I looked towards my window and saw it as my only option. I propped Bailey up on my back and opened my window. The walls were burning meaning the vines were burning too. I'd have to jump.

I took Bailey from my back and sat on the ledge of the window, The house was in the process of collapsing. I held Bailey in my arms and jumped from the window. I hit the ground first and a pain shot through my leg, making me wince. I pulled Bailey away from the house which fell to the ground. I heard sirens towards the front of the house.

I stood up, ignoring the pain in my leg. I picked Bailey up and limped to the front of the house. Two fire trucks, a couple of police officers, and two ambulances were in front of my house. My mom was crying and yelling at an officer. Andy was sitting in the back of the ambulance.

"Mom." I said. She turned and ran over to me.

"I thought I'd lost you!" She exclaimed. She wrapped her arms around my neck and squeezed.