Chapter 18

Sorry I didn't edit. =(

Chapter 18

Twins First Christmas

After sitting with Marco at his fathers grave, we went home. I'd never seen Marco cry before. I saw his weaker, more open side. He misses his dad, but he thought I'd make fun of him for crying. I wanted to cry seeing him cry, but I stayed strong for him.

We went into the house and my mom was making dinner. I didn't see my dad or the twins.

"Hey mom." I greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hi sweetie. How's Marco and Risa?"

"They seem to be doing okay now. I saw what they go through every year. It's heartbreaking."

"I bet it is. I wonder why Andy didn't go. That was his uncle."

"I thought it was weird too, but they didn't seem upset about it."

"Bailey." I turned to see Marco with a frown on his face. "Come sit with me?"

"Sure."

I took Marco's hand and we walked to the couch. I sat down and Marco sat next to me. He laid his head on my lap and I played with his long hair.

"Are you okay now?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Thanks for being there for me."

"I'd do anything for you."

"I love you."

"I love you too." I kissed him on the cheek.

Marco fell asleep, probably tired from all the crying. I slowly slipped from under him and went upstairs to see Andy. I found him in his room doing his home work.

"Hey Andy." I said. He looked up at me and smiled. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Alright."

I sat on his bed. "Why didn't you go with us to Mr. Millet's grave?"

"I just didn't want to go. We weren't close when he was alive, anyway. I saw no reason for me to go."

"I think Marco could've used you there. He was really upset."

"I didn't know he wanted me to go that badly."

"Not on going. He didn't seemed to care weather you came or not. But he could've used another shoulder to cry on."

"I'll make sure I'm there next time."

My cell rang and I saw it was Spencer. I quickly answered since I haven't talked to him in a while.

"Hey Spence."

"B-Bailey." He sounded like he was crying.

"What's wrong Spence?"

"My d-dad is in the h-hospital."

"Because of..."

"Yeah. We don't know if he's going to make it."

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

Spencer's dad has been fighting cancer for years now. We practically forget about it since he seems perfectly fine. But I guess he isn't as fine as we thought. I just hope Mr. Holloway can pull through again.

I got up and ran downstairs. Marco was still asleep on the couch, one hand hanging off the side. I found a blanket and put it over him before grabbing my coat and leaving.

I got to the hospital and went up to the front desk. A woman looked up at me and smiled.

"Can I help you?" She asked me.