ROSE'S POV

I was an emotional wreck as I walked out of Lori's office, to say the least. Harry's story had rendered me speechless, and my thoughts had lost any variation as they could only focus on his disheveled curls and beautiful smile. But this time, instead of feeling of fascination or wonder that came with thoughts of Harry were thoughts of adoration and awe. And I was afraid of just how quickly those feelings would develop to those of love under Harry's spell. Because once that happened I don't know how long I could handle seeing him locked up in the filth and cruelty of this building, and I don't know how long I would be able to refrain from kissing him. Which I could sadly never do because I would surely lose my job and also my mind.

But learning of Harry's innocence had finally calmed one of my largest fears, although it also bared many more worries. Because if Harry hadn't killed those women, who did?

Before I had any time to ponder the question, I saw Kelsey at the end of the hall. "Kelsey!" I said, realizing I hadn't talked to her in days.

"Hey Rose!" She greeted with a smile, quickening her pace. "What have you been up to?" She continued once she caught up to me.

"Harry's innocent," I blurted, needing to share the news with someone.

"What?" She asked.

"He's innocent." It took her a moment to process the information, her eyebrows shooting up only to come back together in confusion.

"How do yo know?" She wondered. I would just tell her, but I felt as if Harry's word needed to be kept safe, as if our bond would be broken if I told someone what he had so vulnerably confessed to me. It wasn't my story tell. Plus, she would think I was gullible even if I did tell her and excuse Harry's testimony as a lie.

"I just know," was the answer I settled for.

"Rose, you do realize you sound crazy, right?"

"Yes," I said, knowing that it would take a lot to convince anyone of the newfound fact. "But it's true, Kelsey. You already know he's not like the rest of the patients here. And did you hear what he did today?"

Kelsey nodded her head yes. Lori probably already told her about it when she was dealing with Molly.

"Yeah, it was amazing. He helped me sedate her better than the guards did. And he doesn't even show signs of insanity."

"The best criminals don't," she said, her voice laced with complete confidence.

"Well I know he didn't kill anyone. I'm absolutely sure of it. And I'm going to get him out of here and show everyone the truth about Wickendale, and you're going to help me."

"No I'm not!" She protested. "Rose, at least wait until you have proof. But until you can find some I want no part of this, and you need to keep your thoughts to yourself. If Ms. Hellman hears what you're up to it won't be pretty. She's already suspicious of you two," Kelsey said, and along with her words a cold chill ran its way down my spine.

"What do you mean?" I asked worriedly.

Kelsey sighed and tossed her head over her shoulder, her eyes scanning the corridor. "Come with me," she instructed, voice dropping to a whisper as she grabbed my arm and dragged me to a nearby supply closet.

"What are you doing?" I demanded as she shut the door behind her, turning to face me and the many mops and brooms.

"Just listen, okay? You can't tell Ms. Hellman or anyone about this. Talking about breaking someone out of here can get you into big trouble, you don't know what you're getting yourself into," she solemnly spoke, more serious than I had ever seen her.