Chapter 5 [Rewritten]

Left: River Viiperi as Antonio Dante Enzo

Right: Josephine Skriver as Marie Grace Enzo

Isabella Denise

"We will be leaving for New York tomorrow." Marco told me as we walked out to the party together.

"Why New York?" I asked edging closer to him slowly,"Because Bella that's where my real home is." I nodded slowly.

His arm snaked around my waist again and I breathed in sharply before releasing, the effect he had on me was so intense, it was nothing compared to Leo, thinking about Leo and seeing him after walking into the ballroom again, I felt myself getting angrier and angrier each second which grew even more when I looked over to Al to see him talking to the Irish Mafia Leader.

Just as I thought.

"Marco, 10 o'clock." I said looking at him and smiling, he understood immediately. He glanced from the corner of his eye to see Albelino letting out a loud hearty laugh as he conversed with Sullivan Finnegan, the leader of the Irish. A pretty cruel man.

I looked over at Marco to see his jaw tick, his grip on my waist tightened and his other hands clenching and unclenching like he was trying to hold himself back from doing something he would totally regret later.

I placed my hand on Marco's shoulder and squeezed it to get his attention away from the sight of Sullivan and Albelino shaking hands as a sign of sealing an agreement.

"I guess it's time for me to say, I told you so?"

Marco looked at me with such anger that anyone would have let go and ran for their lives. I knew he could hurt me but I also knew that I could defend myself as well.

"Or maybe you're in on it with him." he raised an eyebrow at me.

"But you know I'm not because if I were I'd be dead in that elevator."

The sound of Al and Sullivan's laughter echoed around the room, garnering attention from multiple people. Marco's jaw tightened at the sight of them. He almost seemed like he was ready to decapitate the two of them with his bare hands.

"You shouldn't be showing emotions like this. Makes you seem weak and predictable." I muttered beside him. He scoffed.

"Know your place." He let out through gritted teeth.

"Just making sure you don't screw things up in the first 10 minutes that's all." He was getting annoyed. I could tell by the way his grip on my waist tightened even further as he glared down at me.

AS if sensing the tension, I saw two people approach us from the corner of my eyes. A tall woman. Lean. Sea green eyes and blonde hair. Next to her was a boy, probably in his teens with eyes that matched Marco's. Both of them had a striking resemblance to Marco. Siblings, I assumed.

The woman eyed me curiously before extending her hand, "I'm Marie," She spoke as I shook her hand politely. "and this is my brother Antonio." She gestured towards the boy that stood beside her. He stood almost as tall as Marco.

"Hey!" Antonio spoke as he pulled me into a hug as I awkwardly patted his back as he sniffed me, what is he a dog?

Questions ran through my head and he wasn't still letting my body go,"Uh, Antonio you can let go now." I said awkwardly chuckling.

"Antonio, lasciala andare." (Antonio, let go of her.) Marco muttered as he pulled him away by the back of his collar. Antonio freed himself like a child.

"Bella, that's my sister and this is my dumb brother. It's best to ignore him."

Noted. I guess.