Chapter 19

+++

I got a lift with Lottie and Felicite to the restaurant the rehearsal dinner is being held at.

"I can't believe Daniel's family actually rented out a section of this fancy restaurant." Felicite gasps, in awe.

"It looks nice." I cough.

This horrendous fucking cough still hasn't gone away. This is ridiculous, I've never been sick a day in my entire life. What the bloody hell is my body doing?

I barely notice we climbed out of Lottie's car and are now inside of the building, a hostess leading us to our party.

There's one word to describe this restaurant: elegant.

Circular tables covered in white lace cloths decorate the room. An array of lit candles in the middle as a center piece and twee sets of China placed at each seat along with a name card.

"There you ladies are!" Jay exclaims, over joyed, heading over to us.

Her face holds a warm smile and kind eyes that have me growing anxious. I know Jay has a bit of a mischievous side, that's where he gets it from and I'm quite not sure I'm ready for what Jay has up her sleeve.

I notice a handsome man with bright eyes trailing behind her.

"Is this the lovely Tilly I've been hearing about?" The man speaks, smiling genuinely.

"Tilly, this is my fiancé, Daniel." Jay introduces him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Daniel, this is my lovely Tilly."

"Ello," I smile, sticking my hand out.

Daniel accepts my outstretched hand, giving it a firm shake, but keeping a friendly smile.

"It's nice to meet you." I comment, politely.

"The pleasure is all mine."

"I may be small, but I will kick your arse if you don't treat my Jay right." I threaten, innocently.

Daniel laughs, boisterously.

"I have no intentions of ruining the best thing that's ever happened to me." He smiles down at his soon to be wife.

I slightly cringe. I don't know why I even agreed to come to a wedding, I don't even believe in love.

"Best thing that ever happened to you? I thought I was the best thing that ever happened to you, Danny!"

The blood in my body turns cold at the sound of that voice.

When I see the person that voice comes from I'm caught off guard. His hair is styled flawlessly, tattoos covering his arms, wearing darker clothing. He looks different.

Boy, did he hit puberty times four.

My eyes are caught on his face as he talks back and forth to his mother and soon to be stepdad. My ears don't even pay attention to what they're saying.

My eyes look down his body. His arms look more muscular, he's taller and his style is unrecognizable.

However, I'm snapped out of my trance when my eyes realize his arm is not hanging down his side by wrapped around a waist next to him.

My eyes bulge out of my head as I follow the waist that leads up to a breathtaking dark haired girl, brown eyes that are dull compared to the pair of blue eyes next to her. An expensive looking dress clads her fit body.

My disgusting cough, causes me to look away from the couple. I feel eyes shift to me. I look up, my eyes locking with his. Besides all the other things that's changed about him, his eyes didn't. His eyes stare into mine, like they're trying to tell me something, but this isn't a fan fiction, so I can't read them.