"Tilly," his lips curl into a sad smile.

"Actually, it's Tallulah. Tilly is kind of childish." I correct him, keeping a straight face.

The girl practically stuck to his body looks back and forth between us with burning curiosity in her eyes.

"Hi, I'm Eleanor." She creates a space between them and reaches her hand out to me. "Louis' girlfriend."

And she said it.

I felt like I could throw up on the spot. Literally, my cough is rising in my throat again.

"I'm Tallulah, long time family friend." I accept her friendly gesture.

"Oh Jay, my mum and dad wanted me to forward the message that they'll be by later. They're just caught up right now." Eleanor turns to Jay.

"Oh, no worries!" Jay hits her hand in the air. "Better late than never, I'll be delighted to see them."

For some reason it had never processed me that Eleanor and Jay had a relationship. My heart felt her strongest pain yet.

It was time for the dinner to get started and everyone was getting seated. I spot Lottie, quietly heading over to her. Before I can take the empty seat I catch a glimpse of the name card that clearly reads, George Wood not Tallulah Tipton.

Lottie looks past me, a smile forming on her face. A light haired boy with slight gruff on his face came and took the seat next to her.

I turn around to see the culprit herself, Jay, smirking, pointing to an empty seat next to her oh, so lovely son.

I look at her, unamused, opening my mouth and pointing a finger down my throat. She rolls her eyes, but smiles happily from across the room.

I slump my shoulders and trudge over to my assigned seat, seeing my name printed on the card. I slip into my seat not giving the table a second glance.

He is staring at me, I could feel it. The room feels like it is shrinking. I want to jump out of my seat and run out of the room, so I can catch a breath of fresh air. My palms start to sweat and I actually struggle to breathe in this muggy atmosphere.

People present heartfelt speeches about the couple that would be married in the morning After everyone finishes up, we move along to the eating portion of the dinner.

Delicious food is sat on my plate in front of me, but I didn't really eat. I didn't eat because for some unknown reason I'm having a difficult time swallowing.

That's strange, I'm usually quiet well at swallowing.

I look around the table and notice I'm sat with the rest of fucking One Direction. On the other side of me sits the blonde one. I once knew all their names, but since I have attempted to block every bit of information regarding him out of my head, their names were easily forgotten.

"Well, if it isn't Tallulah Tipton." Hands clasp my shoulders, startling me.

As soon as I look up and see who it is, I hop out of my chair and I throw my arms around his neck.

"Stanley Lucas!" I exclaim.

He chuckles, wrapping his arms around me, tightly.

I always really liked Stan. He was really there for me after he left for The X-Factor. When I decided to change my life and move to America, I lost contact with Stan.

I pull away from him, keeping my hands on his shoulders.

"Wow, look at you! You're a whole stud!" I exaggerate.

"And you're all womanly now!" He replies.

I make Stan pull up a seat next to me. I don't stop talking the whole time. For the first time since I've arrived to England, I feel free. As we talk, I forget there's other people even sitting at our table.

Stan informs me he went to university and graduated with a degree in psychology. I tell him how I'm studying to be a nurse practitioner.

"So," he trails off, looking past me and nodding towards him.

I shake my head, quickly.

"Do you miss him?" He whispers.

"No."

"Are you sure?" He raises his eyebrows.

"No," I pause. "I'll never be sure of anything, because I was so sure about him and I. You see how that turned out."

He pats my hands, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

"Well, I know he misses you and he's sure about it." He whispers in my ear.

I feel the blood in my body stop flowing for like the third time today. I don't say anything at all. I just sit, like a deer in headlights.

Stan turns away from me to talk to all the other lads at the table.

I eavesdrop to hear Eleanor talking about modeling. Of course she's a bloody model.

She's got style. She's got elegance. She's got parents.

I listen to the way he talks to her. The way he teases her and makes her laugh. The way he doesn't spark up a conversation with me or even give me a second glance proves I am just something of the past to him.

If he's proved one thing to to me, it's to never depend on anyone else because people always leave. At the end of the day all you have is yourself and that has to be enough.

+++

{Louis' P.O.V}

I am sat between my biggest regret and Eleanor.

It's been four years and she looks so different. Her hair doesn't hold the bright red color anymore. She's not dressed in a floral print or bright colors. Her hair isn't in loose curls and it's not pulled away from her face. Her face is covered in more makeup than I've ever seen on her. If you looking closely, under the concealer you can notice the tired and sick appearance her face now appears.

Her eyes don't light up when she sees me anymore. She doesn't even glance my way when I walk by her anymore. When I smile at her, she doesn't smile back anymore.

For some silly reason, I feel sad noticing her wrist without the beaded bracelet from fourteen years ago. Of course, we haven't been best friends for four years, but the objects absence proves it further.

I really hurt her.

+++

fun fact: the three +'s I put at the beginning and end of every chapter are Ed, Edd & Eddy

I like Taco Bell

~Taco Tyson

August 24th, 2016