26

Asher POV

"The trackers lost Isla's scent around here" said Jason pointing to a map of the pack. "We have no confirmation on which way they went from here and how they exited pack lands"

"What about the rogues do you think they were helping him?" my dad asked.

"I'm almost certain they did" said Jason nodding his head.

I was sitting at my desk more or less listening to them while my dad, Jason, Scott and a few of the trackers stood around it trying to figure out how Mason managed to kidnap Isla.

"What's the point of all this?" I shouted throwing the map off of my desk "We should be out there searching for her we already know he took her. We should be out there looking for her not sitting here and doing nothing. WE NEED TO FIND HER!" I shouted getting up and punching my desk so hard I created a hole in it.

"Asher we can't start the search without a plan or at least figure out which direction they went" my dad reasoned

"I have more than enough men to look in every direction" I said through gritted teeth. I'm shaking with anger I felt like this was all my fault. I left her alone I should've sent Peter and Talon to guard her straight away but thinking that my mom would pick her up soon I let my guard done and now she's gone taken away from me.

"Asher you need to calm down you're temper isn't going to help this situation in anyway" my dad tells me.

"That Mason I'm going to kill him" I sneer

"Alpha there's still the issue on how the Luna got to the waterfall there isn't any proof that she was kidnapped from the house or.." said Phil but I stop him going up to him before he could realize it and slammed him against the wall.

"What are you insinuating?" I shouted "THAT SHE RAN AWAY SHE'D NEVER DO THAT TO ME. SHE'S MINE"

"Asher" my dad pulls me away "Phil go from here see if the others have found a lead on the rogue's scents"

"I'm sorry if I offended you Alpha" said Phil with his head bowed. I growled at him and with that he left.

"She wouldn't do that to me dad" I shake my head at this point I'm not sure if I'm reassuring him or myself "She said she loved me" I said barely a whisper

"We'll figure out a way to find her soon you just need to calm down for now" my dad said putting a hand on my shoulder I move it away.

"I won't rest till I find her. It's already been a day dammit you do all the figuring out you need to do" I pointed to the maps "I'm going to search for her by myself my wolf will lead me to her I know it"

"You spent the whole day yesterday searching for her but came back with nothing Asher please.." pleaded my dad but stopped when the phone began to ring.

"It's Alpha Derek" said Jason looking at the caller ID. I went over and picked it up.

"Your Beta took my mate Derek" I said coldly devoid of emotion

"I was informed but I don't think Mason was the one who kidnapped her" he replied

"HE TOOK HER AND YOU KNOW IT" I shouted over the phone "I'M GOING TO KILL HIM THEN I'M COMING AFTER YOU"

"Asher listen to me. I have proof that Mason didn't kidnap Isla his car was found.." Derek started to say before I interrupted him

"Lies! You're just trying to cover up for him I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't in on it with him" I spat

"Asher that's enough, I care deeply about Isla that's why I called otherwise I don't take threats against my pack lightly" he warned

"It's not a threat Derek this is a declaration of war"

I slammed the phone down so hard it broke into pieces looking around at everyone in the room I saw shocked faces all around. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Breathing in I could sense her scent it was everywhere all over the house and everything reminded me of her. Her last words replay in my mind.

Asher

I remember the desperation in her voice like a plea for help. I failed to help her in time. I failed my mate. I failed her.

"Where are you? I need you with me" I said to myself shaking my head. Suddenly I felt a searing pain in my ears it was so severe it brought me to the ground. I held my head in my hands the pain was so intense I couldn't make out the people in front of me. Once it subsided, I saw that I was on my knees on the ground.

"Alpha!" I heard someone scream

"Asher what happened ?" My dad asked

"He's hurting her" I said through breaths "it was her, Isla. He hurt her!" I got up furious I couldn't sit around anymore I shifted and jumped towards the window sending glass everywhere. I ran towards the forest promising to only return home with her.