13

It had been a week since I had left home with Asher. I was still homesick but I kept myself busy trying not to think about it. It also helped when Carol and Samantha came over, it was great seeing the two go at each other. I also saw that besides their differences they really did care about each other making me think what would it have been like if I had a sister.

Asher kept busy with pack business he was usually in his office or out checking on pack guards and employees. During the times he was home, we would either watch TV or have some small talk besides the occasional flirting he made here and there nothing changed. Although I could tell he was agitated with us not going further with whatever we were at the moment but I tried to ignore it to the best of my capabilities. It took the biggest toll on him at night when we were in bed. He would cozy up trying to make small talk and I would pretend to be sleepy and doze off.

I started using the phone Asher gave me and would talk to my parents almost everyday. I also called Derek and Marie a few times checking up on how everyone was doing and what was going on back home. I hadn't called Mason yet but thought about it constantly knowing that Asher was probably screening my calls and I didn't know how'd he react to me talking to Mason. Plus it was the fact that no matter how hard I tried to deny it I was warming up to Asher ever so slightly. Mason knowing me so well would be able to tell straight away and I didn't want to hurt him. I was constantly having an internal war to call Mason or not to call Mason and it was driving me insane. Finally I decided to call him after Asher left for pack business. When I was sure he was gone I picked up my phone and dialed Mason's number.

"Hello, Mason here" I heard over the phone

"Hey its me" I said

"Isla oh my god. Are you OK? How've you been? I've been trying to call you for so long. Are you OK? " inquired Mason. I shook my head laughing he hasn't changed one bit.

"I'm fine. I'm okay. My old phone broke and I'm fine" I replied

"Really really fine or fine as in not fine?" He asked again

"Really really fine and what about you how are you doing?" I asked

"I'm OK I guess. Derek sent me to meet with some packs I'm actually going to meet my third pack tomorrow" he explained

"Look at you already representing the pack" I said feeling really proud of him

"Yup I'm a big boy now" he laughed

"I see that so have you found a mate in the process?" I asked feeling slightly awkward asking

Mason laughed at my question probably wasn't the first time he heard that.

"You're parents have been asking about that too haven't they?" I said with a chuckle

"My parents, Derek, even Mrs. George from down the street called to ask" admitted Mason "and now you. I'm starting to wonder the main reason Derek sent me here was for mate hunting"

"No it might be an ulterior motive but definitely not a main one" I said

"Thanks that makes me feel so much better" he said sarcastically "so umm how's the dictator?" He asked

"Dictator?" I asked

"Yeah him" he said in an bitter way

"You mean Asher" I said

"Is he mean to you or anything?" He asked like I was a kid being bullied.

"No he isn't mean to me Mason" I said with a giggle.

"Has he marked you?" He asked out of nowhere kind of catching me by surprise

"No he hasn't marked me yet" I replied awkwardly

"Really? Your wolf rejecting him too" he asked

"No she practically worships him" I said

"God I hate that bitch" snarled Mason

"Hey! Don't call her that" I scolded him

"Sorry but you gotta admit she started it" he said

I heard someone coming up the stairs looking at the watch it was too soon to be Asher but just to play safe I thought it'd be best if I hang up.

"Umm I've got to go I'll talk to you later" I told Mason

"Wait can't you talk a little longer" requested Mason

"No I'll talk to you later OK" I promised

"Alright then bye for now" he said

"Bye Mason" and as soon as those words left my mouth Asher opened the door and came in.

"Bye Isla" I could hear Mason saying through the phone. I hung up the phone and tried to act normal even though I was a nervous wreck.

"Who was that?" Asked Asher pointing a finger to the phone looking not too happy.

"Umm that was Mason" I said knowing that there was no use lying he'd find out the truth anyway.

"Mason" he gritted his teeth "you're ex boyfriend Mason" he spat

Before I could say anything, Asher's eyes turned dark and he started to breath loudly. The veins on the side of his neck about to pop out. Looking around furiously he went over to the TV and flung it across the room next he picked up the coffee table and smashed it over the floor sending glass everywhere. I got up and cowered into a corner. Still livid Asher went to the drawer picking it up and sending it right through the window down into the garden. Looking around trying to find something to smash his eyes stopped on me, walking swiftly towards me. I quickly scrunched down to the floor covering my ears and face. A few seconds passed hearing nothing or sensing any movement from Asher I looking up to see stunned Asher looking down at me.

"I was going for the lamp" he said "I wasn't.."

"Going to hurt me!" I interrupted him getting up at the same time "is that what you were going to say you weren't going to hurt me" I spat anger seething through me.

I was shaking from the anger, he hadn't hurt me physically but emotionally he had torn me apart. I tried to stop myself from crying but it was like holding back a dam soon bitter tears flowed down my cheeks.

"Isla please.." he tried again trying to hold my hand but I just moved away.

"DON'T" I warned him to stay away and walked out of the room going into the guest room closing the door behind me. Sliding down the door I hugged my knees and let the tears flow freely.