Plans and Preparations

After George and I arrived from Hogsmeade, I caught up with Natalie and decided to propose a plan for the twins' birthday. We didn't know when was the next Hogsmeade visit so we had to order off the owl catalog or send our parents letters with the gifts. We were going to get them separate gifts but we also wanted to get them a pretty big one.

"What'd you reckon we buy them?" Natalie asked.
"I dunno. I was browsing through a catalog and there was nothing really." I said handing her the catalog. "I'm planning to write Mum so she could go up to London and shop for some things at a muggle joke shop, maybe? I really have no idea." The twins weren't easy to buy gifts for, they loved jokes but that's as much as they get. We stayed awake for a while brainstorming for the perfect gift that would make both of them happy. Suddenly, I had an idea.

"Maybe this'll be a long shot but you know how they're always on about opening their joke shop- (Natalie nodded)- listen, I'm not the best with spells and charms but I think we might get away with designing what the joke shop would look like.. I dunno really." I said, Natalie's eyes widened.

"Sounds like a plan!" She said. "We can also speak with Dobby and the rest of the elves and see if they can cook up a few things and we can have lunch with them." I agreed with her. I sent a letter to my mum asking her to bring me a few knickknacks from Gambol and Japes. I decided to get romantic and make him a very great mixtape that he wouldn't be able to hear until he got home but that hadn't crossed my mind. Natalie and I constructed the scale model of what our minds saw the joke shop to be like. It took a lot of work, actually. We charmed it to move and everything, we had hidden it somewhere nobody would find it after we had finished it.

The joke shop model took a few weeks to fully function. My mum had just sent me a package with a whole lot of products from Gambol and Japes for both of them. I had gotten George apart from that a snazzy jumper I had seen in Hogsmeade, the mixtape and a cheesy framed picture of us at the Yule ball that, when moving, showed us dancing and making funny faces to each other. Natalie's gifts for Fred and George had arrived as well but she didn't show them to me, they were already wrapped. Later that day we decided we'd go talk to the house-elves in the kitchen. We met Dobby at the kitchens.
"Hello! Gianna, Natalie!" Dobby said eagerly. We greeted him nicely.

"Listen, Dobby. I know this is a long shot but we were wondering if you and the others could make a special lunch for Fred and George's birthday." Natalie said. Dobby nodded.

"You have your own Wheezys like master Harry. Dobby would love to help make them happy." He said. A few other House-elves  brought us some pudding. We left Dobby a list of the food we wanted and decided to head back feeling confident.

"Thanks for your help!" Natalie said nicely as we walked out. We ran into the twins.

"Oi, what're you two doing here?" Fred asked.

"We just wanted pudding." I said casually. George looked at me confused. "What are you  doing here?"

"Ditto." George said winking at us and then proceeding with Fred.