The First Task

For the first task, I sat with Natalie, of course, but also with John and his two best friends: Richard and Paul. We were all rooting for Harry and he was splendid! We cheered for him along with the Gryffindors.

The common room was filled and all the Gryffindors were celebrating. Fred and George had sneaked food from the kitchens. We all waited for Harry excitedly, the twins were promoting their canary creams and said they'd give us a demonstration later on. Poor Neville, but it was sort of funny.

"C'mon, George. Stop. Don't be a git." I said over everyone's laughter.

A few days later in the corridors as I walked with Natalie, Lee, and the twins, we saw Malfoy making fun of a first year's robes. Fred and George were mad but I wanted to handle it. Malfoy had taken out his wand.

"Expeliarmus." I yelled and Malfoy's wand flew into my hand. "Didn't know you needed such inexperienced opponents so you could beat them." Fred signalled the kid to run away.

"Yeah, you prat! Pick on someone your own size." George said.

"Give it back." Malfoy said.

"Too bad he has no wand." Natalie said laughing.

"He wouldn't have a chance anyways." Said Lee and mocked Malfoy. Pansy came to see what was all the commotion.

"Don't bother giving that back. It has Weasley germs." She said, great comeback pansy.

"Malfoy, need your girlfriend to defend you?" I said coolly.

"At least my girlfriend can defend me, what can your boyfriend do? Pull a prank on me?" said Malfoy. Fred and George were going towards him. Natalie and Lee stopped them.

"He is not my boyfriend and I can defend myself without him. Thank you very much. Keep in mind that I have got your wand." I said.

We saw Snape and I threw Malfoy his wand back. But, weirdly enough, he didn't pay attention to us. He seemed to be distracted as well.

The Yule ball was approaching and Professor McGonagall announced it would be soon. Naturally, Natalie and I freaked out because we didn't have dates. We were really nervous. What would we look like if we didn't have dates?