Chapter 17 - Mature! Wooo!

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing, you silly boy?"

"Nothing," Niall smiled widely.

I smiled back at him as we went back to our breakfast but he continued to tap his foot against mine. I finished eating before he did due to the fact that he got seconds and I watched him finish eating. Yes, a part of me did find it a little creepy but he was so darn cute.

"What do you want to do today, Ni?" I asked.

"Do not know."

"Want to just watch films and snuggle on the couch again?"

"Yes!' Niall shouted with a mouthful of pancake. He swallowed his food quickly before finishing, "Is my favourite thing!'

"Alright well you finish eating. I've got to go get on my computer for a little bit. I'll be back down in a second."

Niall nodded, chewing again, as I left the room to head toward the bedroom. I quickly found my computer and opened up my saved file as I began typing in it. I liked to believe that I was nearly done with it but I was still learning about Niall. I hadn't even noticed how long I had been typing when Niall wondered into the room. He placed his chin on my shoulder and attempted to read what was on the screen.

"Is that?" He asked softly, watching as the words appeared on the screen.

"Typing, love," I turned to peck his cheek before returning to what I was doing.

"Are typing what?"

"I'm writing a book. Or trying to, rather."

"Books like you read to me?"

"Kind of."

"Is this one about?"

A bit of fear pitted in my gut as I quickly saved the document and shut my computer. I pressed a small kiss to his nose as I stood up, "C'mon, love. Let's go watch that film."

"Okay!" Niall gripped my hand and nearly dragged me to the front room. "What film?"

"You pick," I said, settling down on the couch.

Niall placed a finger on his chin as his eyebrows pushed themselves together and he looked for a film he watched to watch. His eyes fell on one and he pulled it out of the case before running over to me and placing it on my lap, "That one."

"Lady and the Tramp?"

"Has dogs in it?"

"That's why you want to watch it?"

"Yes," Niall said sheepishly.

"Okay," I stood and pressed a kiss to his nose again before walking over to put the film.

When I finished, I plopped back down on the couch and Niall immediately snuggled up to me as the film began. I carded my fingers through his soft hair, occasionally scratching at Niall's ears causing him to make small sounds of content. As the movie progressed, I could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier and slowly my hand came to a stop in Niall's hair. He made a small sound of protest and I lazily dragged my hand over his ears. He huffed in mildly frustration before turning to look at me with a slight scowl. I smiled sleepily to him and his expression softened into a smile back.

"Liam is sleepy?" He asked.

"Mhmm. I didn't sleep very well last night," I admitted.

"My poor Liam," he said, reaching up to pet at my cheek. "Want to go to bed?"

"I can sleep here, lovely."

"Are sure?"

"Mhmm."