Chapter 21// Cherished

Your POV

I felt heavy, as if I've been stuck in this position forever. My eyes felt like they were made of cement and it took all my might to slightly open them. Everything seems blurry and I felt quite dizzy too. I don't know how long I've been out but It felt like a few seconds past between the shooting and now. I heard noise next to me, and though it hurt my neck and It  formed a bit of a headache from the sudden movement I did, I looked to see a black hair man with glasses. But that's all I can make out so far considering my eyes felt so heavy and my vision was blurry like I just woke up from a long nap.

"Mark" I said with some confidence in my guess, I mean who else can it be?

I blinked a few times as I felt my eyes get use to its original movements and my vision cleared up. I saw Mark in shock, and I saw tears roll down to his cheeks.

"(Y-Y/n).....You're....awake.." He said in awe. 'How long was I out?' I thought.

"How long has it been?" I asked, I hope it wasn't too long.

"About a good week....(Y/n)....I missed you..." Mark said in tears, as was if I was a dream and he just couldn't believe it. He came up to me and hugged me extra tight and I felt a stinging burning sensation from my sides.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry sorry, I should have known it would hurt." He apologized and backed away a bit rubbing his neck.

I giggled at him, he's just so cute. 'Wow, I've been knocked out for a week?' 'Awww, poor Mark. He looked like he hasn't slept in days...'

I notice how Mark looked so tired and he had dark circles under his eyes. His hair flew everywhere, which I secretly thought was hot. His eyes were a reddish-pink color as if he's been crying alot...

"So Mark... How were you when I was um a sleep this past week." I asked as I sat up slowly because of all the sudden pain I felt.

"I....felt lost without you....For a moment  (Y/n)...I...I thought you wouldn't make it." He said looking at me as if we haven't seen each other in years. His eyes were showing how much he missed me.

"Well...didn't I prove you wrong?" I said with a light grin which turned into a smile. He came closer to me and wrapped his arms around me, lightly this time.

"Oh god how I love it when you prove me wrong." He said as I dug my head on his shoulders. Even though it didn't feel long for me, I felt like I haven't seen Mark or touched him for way longer.

We held eachother like this for at least a good 10 minutes but broke apart when my doctor came in. As he was checking my charts, Mark whispered in my ear and said, "It's Dr. Sexy."
I giggled at that which just made me laugh louder but I calmed down once the doctor told me Mark need to leave so he can check on my health.

------------------------
Mark's POV

I was over ecstatic when (Y/n) woke up. I missed her so much, I missed everything about her. I had to get out the room so the doctor can do his thing and make sure (Y/n) was perfectly fine. I was so happy that she woke up that right after I left the room, I called everyone up. Of course I told her Mom and her brother first because thats her family and they have been just as sad as I was this past week. They were just the same as me and got overjoyed and were coming after work and school.

I then texted everyone in a group chat.
(M=Mark/ J=Jack/ F= Felix/ Mz= Marzia/ B= Bob/ W= Wade/) [ Ken and Cry are the type of friends who read the text but never text back 😂]

M= GUYS GUESS WHAT!?!?

F= You found out what blue waffle was? ;)

M= um no...what is that?