Chapter 5// The Battle

YOUR POV

"Let the battle begin"

Mark said in a rather shocking deep voice. Don't get me wrong his voice is pretty deep for a teenage boy but damn was it deep. 'I got to win this thing to show all of them I can kick ass.'

We sat on floor to get closer to the TV and got ready to "fight". Of course I had to pick Sonya, she's freaking awesome and her fatality is epic. Mark choose Scorpion, of course. All of a sudden I heard the words from the TV.

"FIGHT!"

At first Mark was winning using Scorpion's signature move, 'GET OVER HERE', then started to punch left and right. My heath bar was almost completely down, till Mark tried to attack me up in the air. 'Fatal mistake Mark.' I made Sonya grab Scorpion in the air with her legs and smash him to the ground. Now it was my turn, I punched, kicked and grabbed him repeatly till before I knew it, I heard

"SONYA WINS." I looked at Mark with a cocky grin, proud of my accomplishment.

Mark grinned back at me. "That was round 1 there's 2 more and believe me when I say, I was going easy."

I just laughed at his little warning about his lost.
"Please, guys only say that because they got their butt kicked by a girl."
Which was true based on my past experiences.

"Round 2, FIGHT!"

I was jumping and blocking Mark's attacks and giving a few punches here and there. But I didn't notice his bar for his special attack was filling up. Then in the corner of my eye, I saw Mark create a slightly wicked smile and all of a sudden I saw Mark do his X Ray move. I saw Scorpion smash Sonya's head, physically see the her skull being broken and when she was laying in the floor, I saw Scorpion place his foot on her chest and I saw him crack her ribcage. Now I'm way lower in health than Mark and after that brutal move he process with his air punch and kick and I was out.

"SCORPION WINS."

Turning to Mark I saw that he had my previous facial expression on his face.
"Well well (Y/n), now I did say I wasn't going easy on you anymore."

"Don't get your hopes up, the game isn't over just yet." I was ready and excited for the next round, I knew for sure I didn't want to be the loser in this bet. I had goosebumps forming on my arms due to all the excitement.

I quickly check on the others behind us on the couch. They all were scrunched up looking at the screen uncertain who would win. They looked pretty hilarious actually looking like fangirls watching their favorite shows together. Or maybe middle age women watching the Oscars or Grammies.

Mark was about to hit the next round button till Felix got up and yelled out which made us all jump.
"WAIT! DON'T START! MARZIA IS OUTSIDE!"

Felix checked his hair really quick in the mirror in the hallway and started to walk down stairs to get the door.

"GO GET HER STUD!" Wade yelled out with Jack, Bob and Mark thumbs up while I was laughing at Wade's comment. Felix rolled his eyes and opened the door with a smile. I then heard the most light and girly voice I ever heard, it wasn't bad at all but I was shocked on how light and high it was.

"Come on in beautiful." Felix said to Marzia putting his arms up for her to hold, I heard her giggle. We we're giggling too because of how cheesy Felix was. We saw them come up the stairs and I had a good view of Marzia now. She had long brown hair, very brown eyes with some killer eyeliner, she seems to be wear makeup but it was pretty natural looking. She was wearing a pink sweater, a black skater skirt, knee high knee socks with white kitties, black ankle boots and a black beanie. She was really beautiful and I don't know why but suddenly I felt really undress and not liking how I looked, I mean I still had my clothes from school today on.

"Everyone you've met Marzia before, she just as beautiful and lovely as before." Felix said proudly and with heart eyes on her, I saw her blush and kissed him on the cheek. Then they sat on the couch and Felix filled Marzia on the what was going on with the bet and such.

"Wow, she must be fearless accepting a bet and having Wade, Bob and especially Jack and you deciding on what's the punishment is. She must be pretty tough." Marzia said in her innocent sounding voice. I took it as a compliment.

"Thank you Marzia, and I'm (y/n). And I'm not worried about the bet because I won't have to do any punishment because I'm going to win." I said playfully and looking at Mark with my last statement about winning.

"ooooooooooooo" Everyone in unison said.

Mark looked at me with a smile.
"Well I guess we have to play the final round to see that your prediction was horribly wrong. Shall we?" He said in a gentlemenly voice.

"We shall" I said back in a sophisticated tone.

"Round 3, Fight!"

I was so focused on dodging his moves put he still had a few punches in. I was using as much combos that I could possibly remember throwing jabs and kicks to him. Mark grabbed me and threw me off and started to do combos and I saw my health bar going drastically down. I quickly made a counter attack and kicked him and punches him repeatly. We both had dangerously low health, two moves from either of us and we'll be finished. He grabbed me with Scorpion's signature grab and did his X Ray but he missed when I jumped and I was now behind him. Finally I did my X Ray with Sonya and hitting Mark straight on. I saw Sonya twist Scorpion's neck with her feet while doing a hand stand. Then I saw her kick Scorpion's chest repeatly that he got lifted up onto the air. Then while in the air, Sonya grabbed Scorpion's neck again between her feet like before but this time she flips mid air and smashing his head on the concrete making his skull shatter.

"FINISH HIM!" popped up on the screen when I did Sonya's fatality. She then proceeded to do a hand stand and easily picked up Scorpion's entire body in the air with her legs. To then see her squeeze and spilt him in half with pure thigh and leg power in a form of a spilt. Blood was everywhere on her and she did her soldier solute.

"Sonya wins" followed by "Fatality" which came up on the screen like dripping blood.

For a good 5 seconds everyone was quiet then I heard Wade shout out, "That was fucking awesome!"

"That was the ultimate fight!" Bob followed

"Holy shit (Y/n), that was incredible! I won't mess with you anytime soon, I can tell you that." Jack said in awe.

"Jesus christ, I never saw anyone beat Mark in Mortal Kombat before. This is going down in the books." Felix stated

"Woooo! You go (Y/n), represent for all the girls." Marzia said right after while clapping.

I smiled and laughed at their compliments and their over hyped praised. "Thanks you guys, but it's was hard, I have to admit that battling Mark was a real challenge." I said with a smile on his face.

I turned to see Mark who was still in shock and had his eyes and mouth open. 'Man, I hope his not a sore loser or anything because I beat him."
Finally he turned his face toward him and to be honest I was nervous about his responds.

"(Y/n)....." he said in a serious voice looking at the floor.

"Yea?...." I had a worried and a bit scared expression on my face.

"That.......was......the most.....INCREDIBLE GAME PLAY I HAVE EVER DONE WITH ANYONE." He was gradually getting louder and had a more playful tone toward the end.

"I'm being serious (Y/n), I never had to work that hard to beat someone in a video game before. That was refreshing to say the least. We should play games more often." He said with a smile to ear to ear, it made me smile too knowing that he loved playing video games with me.

Jack got up from the couch and said.
"Yea that was great. But Markipoo, you need to get out of the room because the judges have to decide on your punishment. Remember."

Felix had his hand together and rubbed them with excitement.
"This is going to be good" follwed but a evil grin.