Chapter 15

Abby's POV

I heard Austin fighting with his father, standing in front of the bathroom door where I was hiding. I couldn't understand anything they were saying.

All of a sudden, the bathroom door opened and there stood an older version of Austin. His father. His eyes widened and he cringed when he saw my bruises and scars plastered all over my body.

I looked at Austin and he seemed to be in some sort of trance before shaking his head and snapping out of it.

Austin began freaking out.

"Mine!" He growled out and stood in front of me and continued growling at his father.

I couldn't see his fathers face as Austin stood in front of me.

"Is she... Is she your mate?" He asked hesitant.

"She is. And you cannot touch her. No one is taking her away from me." I heard Austin say in a quick and angry tone. Scared, I gripped onto Austin's shirt tighter.

'It's ok. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again.'  I heard in my mind, knowing it was Austin. reaching out for her. My fear immediately was gone and I loosened my grip on his shirt.

"I will not. She knows?" His father asked.

"Yes, father. She was there when I had my first transformation. And I felt the bond before but as soon as our kidnappers found out why I wasn't dying, they let it slip that she was my mate. That's when it clicked. Besides the part where I changed into a freaking wolf!"  Austin yelled at him.

"Don't raise your voice at me, young man, I just cannot believe my son has a human for a mate. Maybe we should make sure. Run some tests on her blood. It's extremely rare for a wolf to have a human mate," he spoke calmly, but was clearly interested.

Austin was pushed aside and in front of me was his father. He extended his hand towards me. Austin stood next to me in protective mode while I shook his father's hand.

I stopped listening to what they we're saying and before I knew it, I was watching Austin leave with his father. As soon as they were out of the door, my fear returned.

I closed the bathroom door and locked it before sitting on the floor, trying to control my fear and worry. All of a sudden, I heard one of the bedroom windows smash. Footsteps were heard walking around. Soon, the footsteps stopped at the bathroom door and I heard sniffing outside before everything went dead quiet. I stopped breathing to stay quiet.

I had hoped they had just left. But I soon found differently. The bathroom door was completely kicked down. And two men, each dressed in black from head to toe and a mask covering their faces stood before me. I tried to scream but I had lost my voice. Nothing came out.

One of the men held me down while the other duct taped my mouth. Duct taped!!! I soon had a rope tied around my arms and legs and was being carried out. I whimpered in pain from the ropes digging into my skin and burning my flesh. I didn't have the strength to fight back. I became physically drained of my energy. I felt a small poke in my arm and was quickly passing out. By this time, the two men had carried me out the window and thrown me in the trunk of a small car. Everything turned black and I completely passed out.

I know. Short chapter. I'm super sorry for that!!! Tell me your thoughts, I'd love to hear them!!!