Part 10

**Author's Note**
Omg, you guys are literally the best! 200 views!! Woop, Woop!! XD Ahhhhhh! I know it's not much, but to me, it is, considering I just started this story about three weeks ago, so I just wanted to say thank you, to all you lovely supporters out there!!! <3

By the way, so much help from forgottenwords928 for this chapter, she edited this, and did an AMAZING job, so THANK YOU ALIA!!!!

Without further ado, here is Part 10:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Embyr

My head throbbed from being awake for twenty-four hours straight, but I wasn't allowed to rest. I had to learn attack strategy, and was introduced to five different war machines, all branches of the Variater. It was the ultimate machine, with the qualities of all five mechanisms, all implemented into one. We had officially invaded fourteen, out of the fifty states, imprisoned and killed almost 76 million people, and made plans for how to change the societies of each.

They were split into groups, or coalitions, as Mr. Sumners had named them, of two states per coalition, each appointed with a 'head', who was more, or less, a dictator of each group. The head of cL3, which was a coalition of Arizona and New Mexico, was Mr. Sumners himself. He wanted to 'keep an eye on someone', which he didn't discuss further. His plan would create the ultimate utopia for the country, but the first step was getting rid of all of the humans, who died quickly, and instead, replacing them with Varers, replacements of humans, made out of a robotic structure, but with a lifelike covering, stretched over it, made of latex. They were immortal, and perfect, and would live in a perfect world. So long as there weren't any issues.

When I had arrived in Variater HQ, I couldn't remember who I was, but I had scars and cuts all over my body, along with a gash on my right eyebrow, that had been declared infected, upon my arrival. A man by the name of Aiden told me what my name was, and who I was after. Each soldier had a person they were appointed with, whom they were in charge of capturing, and eventually killing.

I was Cara Rineheart, and I was after a girl named Chloe Hawtekinsee, or as they called her, the dark haired girl.

Chloe

"So when you hold it this way, you don't feel the impact of the shot?"

"That is absolutely correct, Chloe."

King was my trainer. In one day, he taught me how to use a gun the proper way, and how to aim a bullet at a target, and make it from a mile away. He would take a bulletproof mask with a red bulls-eye on it, and place it on his face, which would be my target.

"King, how are we going to save Embyr?"

"She's a smart girl, she'll definitely try to contact us, and give us an idea of what we can do to fight them, and even if she doesn't, Monster and I created a flawless plan. You'll see if we ever have to use it."

"Seriously, King, think about it, three teenagers, and a Kindergartener against a war machine, and over a hundred soldiers. Wo do you think will win? Actually, never mind. Who do you know will win?"

"It'll be fine, Chlo. I mean, we've got Embyr to direct us in the right direction."

"But King, I have a feeling that something happened to her."

"Calm down, Chlo."

I knew he wouldn't admit it, he preferred to be an optimist, but something past that fake smiling, acne covered face, was a King who also thought what we were going after was nearly impossible.

Embyr

I was presented with a small picture of the girl I was after. She didn't look like a threat, but every soldier knew better than to argue with Mr. Sumners, or he would lock them in a room with no exits, or food for three days.  He was extremely cruel, with no compassion, and a single routine each and every day. Find. Capture. Kill. Which meant that Chloe Hawtekinsee would soon have a surprise visitor. A visitor with a gun. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The team had tracked down Chloe, and the next step would be for me to go out, and kill her. She was located in a small cottage in California, where I would go to destroy her. Mr. Sumners had told me that if I felt bad for her, I would have to be killed by the Variater, and that a soldier should not have pity, but there was no room for pity in a brain that could barely tell me if I was thirsty, or not.  I couldn't think, couldn't remember, couldn't feel.  It was as if I was a zombie, living inside a dead human host.  I didn't have feelings, but that  was all the better for me, as a soldier.  It would be easy to capture her, and I was ready.

Hello, Chloe Hawtekinsee,

Goodbye, useless human.