Chapter 12

It was about four days after Christmas, my grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins all went home yesterday.

So now, the Malfoys' asked to come over for something quite important to them, I guess.
It was also important to my mother and father and even Christophe, my brother.

We were supposed to go to London and go to a muggle restaurant afterwards with my brothers girlfriend, Aurélie.

But as soon as they heard the Malfoys' wanted to come over they cancelled all of their plans and ordered our two house-elves to start cooking, and I don't even know why.

The Malfoys' rang the doorbell after they apparated to the outside of our house, my father answered it, my mother and my brother and I were all waiting in the dining room because that's what I was told to do by my father.

Lucius walked in first, then Draco, then Narcissa, and my father at last, all looking slightly nauseous and distracted by thought.

I really want to know though, why am I never included in anything? Why am I always the only one without a single clue of what's going on? I mean- Christophe and Draco always know what's going on, but for some reason, my family think that maybe I can't handle the news- or that I'll spread it like wildfire.

My father sat down at the head of the table, with Lucius Malfoy and Christophe at either side. Draco sat down opposite from me next to his mother and father, and he gave me a small, nervous smile.

"Nice to see you again, Ruby." Said Narcissa, breaking the tension and sounding more confident than she looked at the moment.

"You too, Narcissa- Céleste, elbows off the table. Merlin, I tell you again and again," my mother said nervously chuckling at the end, "Kids just never listen." She continued, and Narcissa agreed and chuckled the same as my mother: nervously, shaky and forced.

Obie and Elsie were our house-elves, Obie had large square shaped ears, and very small and beady brown eyes. Elsie had large brown eyes, and large square shaped ears like Obie, her brother. They came into the dining room and put the food on the table before quickly leaving and going back to the kitchen.

We all started eating, and near the middle of it I had an idea to write out a letter to Draco using my napkin. I said "Accio Quill" about a hundred times in my head, because I wasn't very good at using non-verbal spells.

After what must've been the 127th try, the quill went next to me, then dropped on the floor right beside me. Thankfully no one noticed, so I just grabbed the quill from the floor.

And then I had to levitate the quill too, non-verbally, so no one would notice.

So I thought "Wingardium Leviosa" focusing on the quill, and then after only a few tries it actually started levitating on the napkin.
Sloppily and slowly running out of ink I might add, I managed to write out: "WHATS GOING ON?" Meaning: why was everyone anxious and pale? When I dropped the quill I instantly had a massive headache.

I started slowly kicking Draco under the table to get his attention.
He looked up from his plate and gave me an angry look that was, well- much expected.

I mouthed sorry, then started thinking: "Wingardium Leviosa" to try and slide over the napkin that I was writing on to him and the quill that still had some ink left. I really wouldn't have used that spell but there's only a few that I can do non-verbally, and I was relieved from that headache for a few seconds but then the pounding returned.